What do you call expensive

smithers1603

Hi there 300 notes would barley cover the cost of a 2 person gang with truck and chipper . But in these times I would say that that companies are brining down the cost just to get the work rather then having it sitting in the yard .

I would say the avridge would be the 450 Mark

Littletree:thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be chuffed to get 400 for that oufit (similar to mine). TBH i think if you need £750 for two blokes a chipper, saws etc you must have a horrific outlay somewhere along the line and you would get laughed at in most cases down here (seems to be a case of rural areas expect less per day than urban areas?). I could do it for 300 and still make a profit (wouldn't include travel/accomodation costs tho).

That figure is not for big overheads it is for profit. If you are running a business you should be earning profits not wages.

I understand that rates vary by region but not by that much.

If you are taking the risk by running a business the main aim is to get richer surely. You will not do that at 300 a day for the above combo. You will only get poorer

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

How about the maths, fuel for chipper, saws and truck, wages [include adding in holiday pay and ni contribution] accommodation, a meal [?] finance for truck, chipper, depreciation of equipment, sundries [files chains bars ppe] wear and tear machinery truck, trailer, chipper, i'd like to see £300 with profit out of that little lot

I would agree with mist comments but it depends where you are , London a lot more money than Wales , if I had 500 every day for a 3 man team I would be happy , not huge profit tho but a tidy living at that

are things cheaper in Wales then mate ie chippers, saws, fuel etc etc ??

How about the maths, fuel for chipper, saws and truck, wages [include adding in holiday pay and ni contribution] accommodation, a meal [?] finance for truck, chipper, depreciation of equipment, sundries [files chains bars ppe] wear and tear machinery truck, trailer, chipper, i'd like to see £300 with profit out of that little lot

Well I didn't say a lot of profit and hence would prefer to be around the £400-£450 mark but... the fact is I would still be making a profit after all expenses, wages, fuel, maintenance pricing in for machinery replacement (I don't do finance) at £300 and therefore I would be getting richer not poorer, albeit a lot slower then at £450, and at £750... well I wouldn't know what to do with all that money!!:001_smile:

I assume you have considered what if it goes wrong and takes longer?

We have a contractor at work, he is paid about £3000 a week.

A lot I know but if you ask him it gets done and works, so really its good value.

Its all down to what your operating costs are these can be bumped up by days when you have no work but still have costs.

Really you shold know how much it costs you to operate per day and a %age profit on top.

I know a lot of people just think of a number and to be honest about 10 years ago I was asked to repair some automated production lines, I based my price on his only other option was to fly the manufacturer out, collect and deliver him from the airport and feed and water him, so I told him £300 a day + fuel.

He said he would call me back, he did and tried to haggle, but as he stiffed me on the last rate I did for him he had no option but to pay it by the day, took me just over an hour to sort out and he had lost two weeks production messing about and haggling.

My point is if the customer isnt happy, dont do it for free as its pointless not making money, if you have a problem it could cost you to do his job!

It can be a difficult price to work out when everything is taken in to account.