What do you call expensive

smithers1603

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£300 per day is ridiculous cheap IMO

Fuel and wear and tear could be £50

Overheads= another £50-70(depreciation/office costs/holidays/insurance/h&S crap etc etc

Theres no profit at that level unless your guys work for less than £60 per day

Even then- why bother taking on all that risk for minimal return?

Welcome to the wacky world of working in wood in the northeast.

Whichever way you cut it that team should be charged out at a least 750 a day plus accomodation and travelling otherwise where is the revenue for repairs, depreciation tax & ni and most importantly

PROFIT. Imo below 500 and you are better of working in mcdonalds.

I cannot see how 300 a day is in any way commercially viable even if cash in hand.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

Welcome to the wacky world of working in wood in the northeast.

Whichever way you cut it that team should be charged out at a least 750 a day plus accomodation and travelling otherwise where is the revenue for repairs, depreciation tax & ni and most importantly

PROFIT. Imo below 500 and you are better of working in mcdonalds.

I cannot see how 300 a day is in any way commercially viable even if cash in hand.

kwfhomepage

Well said, 300 per day is nuts, I could get that on my own with a hedge trimmer and lawnmower in the summer...............

£750 plus vat is much more realistic imo :thumbup1:

Well said, 300 per day is nuts, I could get that on my own with a hedge trimmer and lawnmower in the summer...............

£750 plus vat is much more realistic imo :thumbup1:

Not in Aberdeen by the looks of things and certainly not in our little neck of the woods, I can hire someone to push a lawnmower or hedgetrimmer at a third of that.

A quote of £750 per day for a couple of chainsaw operators and a chipper would likely get the dogs set on you. If you get work at those rates then good luck - that is your local market, but if you can get work locally why would you travel 8/9 hours and stay in digs to do the same job?

Cheers

mac

I would be chuffed to get 400 for that oufit (similar to mine). TBH i think if you need £750 for two blokes a chipper, saws etc you must have a horrific outlay somewhere along the line and you would get laughed at in most cases down here (seems to be a case of rural areas expect less per day than urban areas?). I could do it for 300 and still make a profit (wouldn't include travel/accomodation costs tho).