What do you call expensive

smithers1603

Could any of you lot tell me what you would consider to be expensive for a day rate to send 2 experienced lads along with a land rover, tracked chipper, saws and all other gear required for felling pines. Bearing in mind traveling 8 or 9 hours up to aberdeen and paying for all expenses ie: food and accommodation?

What would you consider to be a competitive day rate? and what would you consider to be expensive?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After working costs for manpower, fuel,food/accommodation, & other consumables, I went to the bare bone and came out with £575 per day and was told that was ridiculously expensive for a two man gang.

nope sounds about right to me considering its a tracked chipper aswell

500-600 a day? probly more

After working costs for manpower, fuel,food/accommodation, & other consumables, I went to the bare bone and came out with £575 per day and was told that was ridiculously expensive for a two man gang.

Blinkin hell, you lot must live in Dubai! We are £415inc for 2 men plus 10" tracked chipper. But that's not factoring in accom. etc. Unless the customer accepts the extra dollar of that I don't see how you can compete with a more local outfit :confused1:

Gotta keep day rate and expenses for abnormal travel seperate imo. Chargeable yes, but the day rate should stay its normal amount without expenses built in.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

i say around 300 to 400 day depending on how easy the work is of say poe work not near power lines or stuff that could be damage and a higher rate if any rigging and rope work to be done rate for two guys truck chipper and gear + the extra half day rate for driving for say 6hrs + fule bill + accommodation