RIKO Farmi Mastersplit wp36

farmer_ben

What machine is it you are using Jim?

Can only speak as we find, and for me the new p36 is performing above expectations of both myself and our customers.

Billy at Riko persuaded me against going for the older WP36 they had on special offer, saying it was much slower and a totally different machine to the newest version.......mostly down to the double pump on the new one.

WP36. Single speed pump and splitting.

Apples and pears, Jim.

Was told that the new one was streets ahead of the older one and it looks like you are confirming the sales talk from Billy at Riko.

If you're ever over in the Oban direction, give me a shout and I'll let you have a play with the new one, on condition that you give me an honest opinion on the difference between the old one and the new one

Took delivery of the latest WP36 road tow a couple of weeks ago. Got to say I am impressed with it. Its fast, single handed I can do 15-17 cube a day , a fair but more if I have a second person. The splitter has struggled a couple of times on large knotty green beech (30cm plus diameter) but apart from that it has taken everything I have thrown at it. I have just added a log deck to the set up which makes single handed use much quicker.

I did have an issue the blades on both the 4 and 6 way splitting bending back on the leading edge but this was quickly resolved by Riko.

If you are after a portable machine that will work well anywhere with or without PTO power then I really think it will be hard to beat. For a fixed site location doing serious volume, there may well be better machines out there, but then to be fair this wasn't what the WP36 was designed for .

Morning all,

Big J,

Please give me a call if you are continuing to have issues with the WP36.

If the chain is constantly jamming then there will be something wrong. This is likely to be a simple fix and we may be able to get it sorted over the phone. I would also be more than happy to speak with the supplier/hirer direct if you prefer so we can provide any technical knowledge.

We have sold the WP30 and 36 machines to all sizes of firewood merchants and hire shops. Yes we get constructive feedback on certain features (as does every machine from user to user) but not once have I had a negative review on the whole processor itself.

I feel you have been let down in this case but we would like to help if possible

All the best

Calum @ Riko

01420 487300

My dad is quite happy with his Farmi WP36, considering the price compared to some other makes out there.

Like some guys have said, the log lifter can be handy.

The handle on the top for working the splitter would be quite handy but is expensive add on for all that it is.

we tried the demo towable engine driven one but bought he PTO tractor version. PTO way better for us.

Be careful swinging the elevator about, the bar with the slots for changing its position is easily bent.

Weve had it 2 years now and its processed a lot of wood.

Not sure theres a much quicker machine out there for this kind of money.

Photo0532.jpg.2511c9107f8001c90edcb9d4bcea3bc6.jpg

Apples and pears, Jim.

Was told that the new one was streets ahead of the older one and it looks like you are confirming the sales talk from Billy at Riko.

If you're ever over in the Oban direction, give me a shout and I'll let you have a play with the new one, on condition that you give me an honest opinion on the difference between the old one and the new one

Do you know what they have changed to improve the latest version?

Do you know what they have changed to improve the latest version?

WP36 now has 2 hydraulic pumps, whereas the older WP36 had only one. The second pump gives around 40% extra speed when using the splitting ram on high speed. High speed=lower power but you just cut back on the handle a little if there's not enough power this then gives you slower speed but much more power.

Newest version has more guarding and safety features, but essentially it is a very simple and robust design It was this design that really caught my eye. I'm a huge fan of simple engineering that just works

WP36 now has 2 hydraulic pumps, whereas the older WP36 had only one. The second pump gives around 40% extra speed when using the splitting ram on high speed. High speed=lower power but you just cut back on the handle a little if there's not enough power this then gives you slower speed but much more power.

Newest version has more guarding and safety features, but essentially it is a very simple and robust design It was this design that really caught my eye. I'm a huge fan of simple engineering that just works

Thanks.

Don't fancy the extra guarding but more speed on the splitter would be nice.