RIKO Farmi Mastersplit wp36

farmer_ben

So this is the retaining pin and the top of it. Mine just has a 10mm bolt holding it in place. The welding is just a washer thats fixed to the back of the pin but maybe the design has changed. The end of the ram I think hooks over a notch inside the in feed box. Lift the ram manually and pull the box out at the same time and should release it from the end.

IMG_20161218_084519.jpg.aefd9b8a6081f83d42470680f8b41f6f.jpg

IMG_20161218_101631.jpg.51b4167e8220e6624850486a7e786d86.jpg

Thanks for that. Yes, I can see now that the weld is just a washer. I wish my machine was that shiny...Is detaching the hydraulic pipes fairly straightforward? Luckily I have fitted a valve under the oil tank, so I won't need to drain.

When re-fixing the pipes, do I need to get the air out somehow? No experience with hydraulics...

I don't think you need to remove any pipes. I think the ram somehow disengages with the front of the box. Try levering the ram upwards (not too hard) near the front of the box with a bar and pull the box away from it at the same time. I may remember wrong but I would give that a go.

Have just spent the best part of a day trying to remove the ram. I see the theory about lifting it with a bar. When I do I can see the bit that slots into the end of the splitting box move out a little (looks like it should slide out to the top left) but it won't shift enough to come out. Have tried putting wedges down to the end of the splitting box, tried with the ram extended and with the ram in, with the pin out and with the pin on. Still can't get it out. Thoroughly stumped now. Will try Riko next but if anybody has any ideas on the meantime, much appreciated...

Finally have the ram disconnected and the infeed plate out and straightened. :biggrin: I killed my angle grinder cutting down the angle iron to reinforce it 'though :mad1:, so will have to wait for a part for that before I can weld the reinforcement on and put the machine back together...

My mistake was a stupid one - the first thing I did was to take out the three bolts at the end of the splitting box. I was I bit annoyed with myself at doing this as two of them had been welded to the bracket inside the box that the ram slotted into. Taking them out broke the weld and wasn't necessary anyway. So I put all of the bolts back. Then realised today that one of the bolts was actually holding the ram in the bracket. It was moving when I lifted it, but not coming out as it was swivelling on the remaining bolt. So, bolt out, ram and bent plate out in no time, no need to disconnect any hoses either.

Straightening the plate was a bit of a business.

Thanks everybody for all your help!

Finally have the ram disconnected and the infeed plate out and straightened. :biggrin: I killed my angle grinder cutting down the angle iron to reinforce it 'though :mad1:, so will have to wait for a part for that before I can weld the reinforcement on and put the machine back together...

My mistake was a stupid one - the first thing I did was to take out the three bolts at the end of the splitting box. I was I bit annoyed with myself at doing this as two of them had been welded to the bracket inside the box that the ram slotted into. Taking them out broke the weld and wasn't necessary anyway. So I put all of the bolts back. Then realised today that one of the bolts was actually holding the ram in the bracket. It was moving when I lifted it, but not coming out as it was swivelling on the remaining bolt. So, bolt out, ram and bent plate out in no time, no need to disconnect any hoses either.

Straightening the plate was a bit of a business.

Thanks everybody for all your help!

Glad you got it sorted. Just spotted your earlier post re modifications. Posted them up here http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/firewood-forum/96817-show-us-your-processor-modifications.html