Australia is it really worth it??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brothergrim

well im here and been here just over 3 months, ok im in a management position but you can survive quite well on a climbers wage, if you have the cohoonas and your good enough then go free lance as the earn up to $600 a day, yes the cost of living is high but some things that are low here are high in the UK and vice versa, i think that once you forget the uk £ start earning aussie $ it balances out, the actual move and setting up is the costly bit, but if your like me on a sponsored visa then you get LAFHA benefit which means you get 90% of your tax back, i live in Sydney, 2nd most expensive city in the world,,, apparently and i live in the northern beaches area, on of the most expensive areas of Sydney ,,, apparently, there is no way i could afford to live i the equivalent areas in the UK, ok im making it all very candy coated but i can support my family on 1 wage, that is food, a roof over our head, a car on the drive , and a little money to go out , but thats it, now when my wife starts work it will be even easier as it will be a clear wage to us how we please

we are constantly looking for workers, if you would like to come over and try it out let me know, i'll refresh our ad

steve

email [email protected]

Much will depend on the reasons to leave the UK. We have been over there and found people helpful and like a good laugh. Weather can be extreme but can be here also.

Victoria area is nice and does have snow. Ran out of time but wanted to go to Tazmania. Do have a stop over in somewhere like Singapore/Malaysia as its a long flight when one has long legs and crushed in worse than cattle in the horrible seats.

Hi Brothergrim

well im here and been here just over 3 months, ok im in a management position but you can survive quite well on a climbers wage, if you have the cohoonas and your good enough then go free lance as the earn up to $600 a day, yes the cost of living is high but some things that are low here are high in the UK and vice versa, i think that once you forget the uk £ start earning aussie $ it balances out, the actual move and setting up is the costly bit, but if your like me on a sponsored visa then you get LAFHA benefit which means you get 90% of your tax back, i live in Sydney, 2nd most expensive city in the world,,, apparently and i live in the northern beaches area, on of the most expensive areas of Sydney ,,, apparently, there is no way i could afford to live i the equivalent areas in the UK, ok im making it all very candy coated but i can support my family on 1 wage, that is food, a roof over our head, a car on the drive , and a little money to go out , but thats it, now when my wife starts work it will be even easier as it will be a clear wage to us how we please

we are constantly looking for workers, if you would like to come over and try it out let me know, i'll refresh our ad

steve

email [email protected]

Thanks very much for the information and offer,

Thanks very much for the information and offer,

My brother in-law and family moved out three years ago, he's in Landscaping [runs his own business] she's a part time beauty therapist, he's brimming full of work, a few weeks ago he told my wife/his sister he'll never come back, and we must be idiots for not moving out.

The move for him was easy TBH, he had a dead end job, that he hated with very little prospect or money. His 16 yr old daughter hates the place though and is coming home this summer probably for good!

If I were you I'd go out for a reconnaissance visit, its the only way you'll know if its for you or not or you'll come home like me and live in ''shall we shan't we'' world for 20 years :laugh1: