Stihl 084 AV

twmarriott

Been offered a stihl 084 AV but already got a large saw so don't really need it, that said i could move it on...it looks in good order (one owner) runs fine, but i'm aware its a big heavy lump and theyre not exactly fashionable now....

if i'm going to go down that route of selling it on whats it worth? :confused1:

had a look on flea bay and theres nowt that big. and before some clever person says what some on will pay... yep but give me a clue... i reconed around the 400-600 mark?

not massive, probably 3foot or so. i've already an 85 so it seems daft to get an 84! that said he's a mate of my dads, retiring and wants to do me a favour so i'll probably have to buy it (politically it'd look bad if i didn't) but sell one. i did wonder if there was much market for such an old saw, theyre pretty out of date...

i'm going to have to offer market price ish... though i expect it will get discounted... as i said its been looked after.

keep it as a spare, yes they are the older model but it has the manual oiler on and it comes in handy plus big saws are rarely used so a good chance it will be in reasonable order.Parts are still available also which is a plus.mine will die before i even think about getting a 880.:)

keep it as a spare, yes they are the older model but it has the manual oiler on and it comes in handy plus big saws are rarely used so a good chance it will be in reasonable order.Parts are still available also which is a plus.mine will die before i even think about getting a 880.:)

not all parts for 084s are still available as there are several that arent the same as the 088.

I would say if its mint £450 realistically, its probably worth more to someone doing milling as the aux oiler is really handy on them, I have quite a few 084 spares including coils, oilers and clutches all of which i think are different to 088/880 as i know if i have a problem i can sort them myself. Stihl dont even supply the main crank bearings for the 084 anymore according to my local dealer.

I've got one. They are a good saw and as said, big saws don't normally get used too much. I don't think that they are any heavier than a 880.

If your looking for ideas of what to offer, i'd go in at £400, hopefully you'll get the discount down to £350. If it's in reasonable condition you could get £500 on ebay.