Strops

L14M

what strops do people use?

i'm looking to buy my first kit soon and was just wondering what hitches people use for their strops. the pre made kits on honeybros looks good with a pulley, for £58 but they wanna charge £7 delivery! madness!

whereas the strop kit on fr jones is without a pulley and it's £65!

so looks like it's £65 either way?

just wondering what you guys were using and if it's cheaper to make up your own strop kit from scratch.

Cheers

Liam.

I use a 3.5m split tail with a petzl fixed side pulley and a 10 mm eye to eye prussik. Iv had a play around with a few hitches but iv narrowed it down to either the VT or distel. Either way i prefer to buy and make my own setup. That way i can chop and change what i use. If it works and its safe then its good.

I have the Honey Bros strop kit [which for those who don't know comprises an ISC 3 way captive eye snap, ISC HMS krab, ISC swing cheek pulley, 4m of XTC & 1.4m of 9mm Boa]. Mine's assembled using a VT and I find it absolutely brilliant, one of the best things I've bought.

I snagged my 11mm climbing line the other day so I'm going to cut it and use the shorter length of that to make up another longer version of the same arrangement.

I already have a spare length of Boa so it's just the hardware which is about £41 + VAT from FRJ. If you add in the cost of friction cord at about £3 & 4m of rope at about £7 that would make it £51 + VAT, so the kit from HB, even if you pay postage, is still a good deal!

Definitely get it, don't even think about it!