stihl ms200t an ms201t

roots aboricultural

Stick with 200t mate. More gutsy than 201. Most guys i speak to prefer the 200t. As for me i stick with what i know. It would be crap if you bought a 201 and found that its not as good as 200 and your stuck with it. But if you can get a go with a 201 and you prefer it then go for it. Happy hunting dude!:thumbup:

Yup, on a level of build quality, the MS200T takes some beating, the carb issues are a pain, the side covers can get damaged but usually through abuse......they are a compact robust unit that has a decent amount of power and spares are freely available.

Only downside is no aftermarket cylinder kits - don't understand that one:confused1:

The 200 has been the best there is for a long time now ( I have 3 ) the 201 seems to be a step backwards by all accounts , though I have not tried one myself . However - - - - The new Husqvarna ! ! ! ( Shock Horror )T540 would seem , from what I have herd , to be a bellter . Bearing in mind all their previous efforts have been pants . Sooo hold fast with what you got and when a T540 come out see if you can get a demo saw for a day . I think, and its only my humble opinion , that in general Husqvarna ground swaw are the best and Sthil make the best climbing saw( I will get stick for this statement but hey ) Its about time Husky got it together with a climber . Best Regards Andy.:thumbup1:

I must've bought a freak 201T!..my one has a slight edge cutting wise (especially in bigger wood) on a 200T, fuel consumption is 20% better and the AV is excellent. What a lucky boy I am :biggrin:

I must've bought a freak 201T!..my one has a slight edge cutting wise (especially in bigger wood) on a 200T, fuel consumption is 20% better and the AV is excellent. What a lucky boy I am :biggrin:

what size bar do you run on it and what sort of wood do you cut up to though? with your climbing saw?

another arborist near me snaped the handle of the top of his brand new 201

he claimed he did it whilst starting the saw, whilst i dont believe that for a minute, more than likely got it stuck in a falling branch, but looking at the wreckage, the handle isnt exactly what id call robustly attached to the saw

ive had my 200 tugged by branches many a time and the handle still remains on the saw, i dont think ill be upgrading