Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

A good two inches has settled. Was going to do  small local Copper Beech reduction today, as just having to to the climbing work when the weather lets us. Book + kettle is now the plan. 

Sounds like Stoke on Trent Council got caught out - no gritting, and A500 + A50 problems with accidents/gridlock.

1 hour ago, maybelateron said:

A good two inches has settled. Was going to do  small local Copper Beech reduction today, as just having to to the climbing work when the weather lets us. Book + kettle is now the plan. 

Sounds like Stoke on Trent Council got caught out - no gritting, and A500 + A50 problems with accidents/gridlock.

Stoke on Dope council have always been rubbish, but they've got a ticket to ride. I'm not at all surprised the A50 and D road chaos.

Went for a long walk with dog today , West Dean / Cowdray woods . Had a mixture of cold drizzle , freezing fog and the odd snow flake  all dependent on elevation I think . . Noticed some " wind blown "  larch after the storm .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

The weather this month has been awful. 

There is a chap 600m from our house who's a senior forecaster at the Met Office. I'm able to access the weather station data at his house. He sees considerably less rain than us as we're a bit higher up. Either way, we've had only one rain free day in the past 23. That was Christmas Day. In addition to that, we've had a total of 152mm of rain recorded by him (will be about 20-30% higher with us). 

I'm really rather envious of all the snow pictures.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big J said:

The weather this month has been awful. 

There is a chap 600m from our house who's a senior forecaster at the Met Office. I'm able to access the weather station data at his house. He sees considerably less rain than us as we're a bit higher up. Either way, we've had only one rain free day in the past 23. That was Christmas Day. In addition to that, we've had a total of 152mm of rain recorded by him (will be about 20-30% higher with us). 

I'm really rather envious of all the snow pictures.

It seems to be the same all over, all the ground here is saturated, my brother tells me it's the same in the Midlands. Grass ain't always greener elsewhere.

Edited by eggsarascal