Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

35 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Got up at 4:45 and its blowing a goodun . Fine rain in the wind . Not as bad as I thought but maybe it has not peaked yet .

It's got a way to go yet.

Looking at the Gatwick weather current highest gust 36 kts, increasing to 53 kts ( 60mph) from 9AM through to 7pm, with 63 kts (70mph) probable 3-7pm. Heavy rain and thunderstorms. Gradually reducing after 7 tonight.

(36 to 63 knots is triple the wind loading, so more fun to be had yet).

The link below is handy, click the graphs tab for a simple visual on what the wind has been doing,

.LGW airport weather

11 hours ago, Alex O said:

Well it’s gone from bushfires to flooding here now in Aus, been raining hard since Thursday night and is now Sunday morning, storm Damien has certainly hit over here pretty hard.

One extreme to another over there. Guess the rain has put out most of the fires though?

Windy this morning with light  rain but nothing notable yet

12 minutes ago, Alex O said:

how’s Dartmoor treating you these day’s

Cruelly most of the time and then on the odd day its so fabulous all is forgiven ?

Just been a tedious  winter with endless horizontal rain. Warm though in fact worryingly so. It went up to 10C overnight in  what should be our very coldest part of winter. Winter has been almost completely absent with just a handful of frosts and a dusting of snow on the tops on just a couple of occasions. Anyway you dont need me grizzling about the weather has I am sure TCD has done plenty of that as well haha. Having said all  that I wouldn't swop for the gruelling heat you have had to work through. Sounds tough going.

All the best

Beau

• Like 1