Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

Wet windy n wild.
Blown my empty containers all over the garden.
I'm not going out til it's stopped.
[emoji946][emoji299]️[emoji100]
IMG_4040.thumb.jpg.78059be015a425b598ceba9a86862b03.jpg

If you’re in Huddersfield Saul, it’s bout the same an hour North at seat of Yorkshire dales. Maybe rain relenting a bit but still blowing a hoolie! If it’s like this North of the border I suggest the winners at Murrayfield today will be the ones that keep the ball tucked up their jerseys and don’t try to kick anything!
Cheers
I
  • Like 2

You not a fan??? Birds and Bees love it, attracts em no end when its in full bloom. Its in a large pot at the min, prob 3 yrs old, 6’ tall with top nipped out. Was going to plant it in a bed at bottom of garden once i get garage and garden finished.

You not a fan??? Birds and Bees love it, attracts em no end when its in full bloom. Its in a large pot at the min, prob 3 yrs old, 6’ tall with top nipped out. Was going to plant it in a bed at bottom of garden once i get garage and garden finished.

Nah you are spot on, they are great for B & B’s, have seen them so full of insects the whole plant seems alive!
Just have a pet hate of remedial pruning overgrown Cotoneater horizontalis hanging off old stone walled properties,
Killing my secateurs/silky on clumps of crumbly mortar and trying to avoid the inevitable “invisible” aerial/broadband cables!
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2019 at 14:10, difflock said:

We had an accident just outside our house on Tue evening, we were returning home just minutes after it happened.

I walked back down to nosy, and could not make sense of the accident scene.

Spoke to the Polis, who was surprisingly friendly and informative.

A veh had stopped to turn right, the car behind, driving into the evening Sun, just got stopped in time, the van behind that did not.

BUT

The van missed the  middle vehicle and struck the veh waiting to turn right, how I could not figure, since it then rolled in through/over the hedge, on its own side of the carrigeway, and ended on its side immediately inside/beside the gap, i.e. no speed involved, but the middle vehicle was stopped slap bang dead centre of its own side of the fairly narrow road, with only room for a bicycle between it and the hedge.

I could not see the right turning veh btw.

Well fcuk-me!, I met our next door neighbour down the pub this afternoon, during the Rugby.

(i) The car following immediately behind the just-suddenly now-stationary right turning vehicle, (which was being driven by his wife) swerved out onto the wrong side of the road, i.e. the inattentive following driver could not get stopped, and due to pure blind good fortune, did not meet an oncoming vehicle and the van driver, 2nd behind,  while attempting to get stopped, merely clipped her nearside tailight,(absolutely the only damage, per her husband) before rolling over the hedge into the field.

So, 2 questions;

(i) Why the fcuk was the driver who blindly went onto the wrong side of the road not prosecuted for dangerous driving?

(ii) Why the fcuk was an Audi A8 provided as a courtesy car(as volunteered by himself, who recounted the story) and I smell a big over-inflated personal injury & other expenses  claim.

(iii) Why was the air ambulance sent for, at all, ever.

JHC!

WTF is up with people.

Marcus