Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

Wreck fishing in the Solent was my thing .  Cod , Ling , Conger etc . Still got all my boat gear but not been for years . When I was a nipper we used to catch Perch from the gravel pits with a little spinner and Carp in the canal with a floating bread crust .

On a nice sunny day they will still take bread or dog biscuit off the top, amazing watching them take and using light gear to play them [emoji41]
  • Like 2

One of the fisheries I popped into on Friday was chock full of 3-8lb carp with quite a few bonus doubles. I took a couple of kilos of 4mm expander pellets with me and just fed the fish. By the end of the bucket, I must have had 80 fish wolfing down the pellets infront of me, and catching them would have been verging on unsportingly easy!

18 minutes ago, Alex O said:

I only like the small private/ farm lakes where the fish haven’t been hammered or mutated by fn idiots ripping there faces off, and get more of a fight with an 8lb than a 15lb from a commercial lake

I do quite agree. Having been starved of coarse fishing in Scotland for many years, the sight of so many carp feeding so vigorously was quite impressive. 

There is a town in the Harz Mountains in Germany called Clausthal-Zellerfeld that in it's distant history undertook a lot of mining. They used reservoirs as part of the process and there are 37 of these long redundant lakes around the town. All fairly small, from a few acres to perhaps 30. Loads of wild carp in them, averaging low to mid double and the ticket is £8 a day to fish all 37 lakes. I've yet to fish it, but having holidayed there, I'm desperate to go back with a rod and line. Saw fish to low twenties cruising. Incredible setting too, with these alpine lakes lying within deep forest.

• Like 1

IMG_1524520382.150282.jpgthis fisherie is slightly east of Cullompton, we did the planting there many years ago well probably 14-15 yrs now for the first company I worked for Down here, it was a very tidy place with a few lakes and has holiday chalets there also. This will be close to you?

• Like 1