Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

26 minutes ago, Big J said:

Bloody miserable here today near Edinburgh. 11c, windy, showers, very overcast. Can't wait to move to Devon and leave this life sucking climate behind.

Think the only difference will be that the rain is slightly warmer :D

12 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Check with TCD about Devon mate !

From what I hear, the weather is very local in Devon on account of the hills. West or south of Dartmoor and you get wet. We're going to be in the rain shadow of Dartmoor, so hopefully will remain a little drier. The climate data for Cullompton suggest about 15-20% less precipitation than here near Edinburgh and an average of 4 more dry days a month. And an annual temperature that is 3-4c warmer.

8 minutes ago, Big J said:

From what I hear, the weather is very local in Devon on account of the hills. West or south of Dartmoor and you get wet. We're going to be in the rain shadow of Dartmoor, so hopefully will remain a little drier. The climate data for Cullompton suggest about 15-20% less precipitation than here near Edinburgh and an average of 4 more dry days a month. And an annual temperature that is 3-4c warmer.

You are going to " clean up " in the low impact sector of forestry Big J !  

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

You are going to " clean up " in the low impact sector of forestry Big J !  

I spent a while dotting around fisheries at the weekend in Devon and I think I'll find a lot of work there on site maintenance, peg reinstatement, winching trees out of lakes, timber extraction and the like. So many of these sites have tiny little paths that wind around the lakes, which are inaccessible to larger machines. And if I get a bit of free fishing out of it, excellent! 

1 minute ago, Big J said:

I spent a while dotting around fisheries at the weekend in Devon and I think I'll find a lot of work there on site maintenance, peg reinstatement, winching trees out of lakes, timber extraction and the like. So many of these sites have tiny little paths that wind around the lakes, which are inaccessible to larger machines. And if I get a bit of free fishing out of it, excellent! 

Sorted mate ! :001_smile: . As recall you are a pike man ?

38 minutes ago, Big J said:

Everything really. Enjoying stalking carp at the moment, but looking forward to mixed River coarse fishing too ?

Fish much yourself?

Wreck fishing in the Solent was my thing .  Cod , Ling , Conger etc . Still got all my boat gear but not been for years . When I was a nipper we used to catch Perch from the gravel pits with a little spinner and Carp in the canal with a floating bread crust .

• Like 1