N00by need advice on Chainsaws fuel.

MankeyJohn

Hello,

As I was watching every video under the sun about chainsaws It occurred to me that I didn't really know what to put in a chainsaw fuel wise. I have been working on a cricket ground since i was 12 and I know how to mix petrol and 25:1 for streamers but I don't know how to do it for a chainsaw.

Could somebody tell me what the best oils I need to use for chain and for engine and if there any types of oil or petrol that does a better job than others E.g. Leaded or unleaded.

most,if not all modern day saws run on 50/1

also all run on unleaded [theres is no longer leaded petrol]

i use stihl hp 2 stroke or husky xp

but the 1 litre bottle with the mixer on the top and fill your 5 litre petrol can with 5 litres and mix in 100ml of 2 stroke,job done,you have 50/1 mix:thumbup:

stihl 1 ltr mixer bottle

[ATTACH]83253[/ATTACH]

Wrong answer that's the expensive one :laugh1:

Ok thanks, I'm getting my Ms 260 on friday and It's comes with a free stihl 2 stroke shot. I'm not sure if it's that one. Just shows you how little they teach you in school. Maths, English PAH! What about Chain oil?

Thanks for help.

Try to use non-ethanol fuel when ever possible. It should be available at Marinas. It may cost more but the damage that ethanol does to your 2/4 cycle equipment is far more expensive.

easy-lift guy

What damage is that then?

Don’t you think it worth mentioning that once on the non ethanol there is no going back to regular pump fuel without a carb refurb?

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

What damage is that then?

Don’t you think it worth mentioning that once on the non ethanol there is no going back to regular pump fuel without a carb refurb?

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

The damage I am referring to is due to the high amount of moisture absorbed by the ethanol. The higher the percentage the more damage will be done. Currently here in the States most filling stations have a Min. of 10%. The specific damage for 2/4 cycle equipment I can mention is destruction of fuel lines and carburetors becoming "gummed up":thumbdown:. Here in Florida with our high humidity nearly year round these problems are chronic and continue to plague many service tech's on a daily basis. Although I have never heard that:

"once on the non ethanol there is no going back to regular pump fuel without a carb refurb", my question is if one has a choice, why would one want to use any fuel with ethanol in the first place?:001_huh: At least for my equipment it is non-ethanol fuel or nothing at all.

easy-lift guy

Get some Husky XP oil or STIHL HP super. Comes in expensive 100ml 'shots' thats you just add to 5l cans. Or in bigger 1-10l containers of the stuff that you need to measure out with a beaker and add it to petrol.

As for chain oil STIHL and Husky make there own stuff. I use STIHL bio plus or Clarks Bio oil because i work on sensitive sites. I've had a few issues with using veg oil lately.