Cscs

joebepi

I need to get a CSCS card sorted. As soon as i get it i can be working. A few questions:

Any idea how long it takes to come through once you've done the H and S test? and do you need the physical card before you can work or can i start whilst i'm waiting for it to arrive? any idea how how it takes to arrive?

And does anyone know of any website or free resources where i can check out some example questions or find a syllabus so i can prepare for it?

cheers

Joe

I need to get a CSCS card sorted. As soon as i get it i can be working. A few questions:

Any idea how long it takes to come through once you've done the H and S test? and do you need the physical card before you can work or can i start whilst i'm waiting for it to arrive? any idea how how it takes to arrive?

you should be given a paper certificat at the test. valid as soon as you pass.

And does anyone know of any website or free resources where i can check out some example questions or find a syllabus so i can prepare for it?

theres a book. try looking on the net or talking to the test center

cheers

Joe

there is a book which the test is set on the test centre should be able to give you the name of the book i think its quiet expensive but to be honest its just common sense questions

Another money making scam!!! unfortunatly alot of construction sites wont let you on without it.. Not bothered if you can use a saw but you need to know what fire extinguisher does what!! Keep the pass paper they give you and reciept when you pay for card so you can prove it.. Some companys like Mcalpine wont let you on with just pass cert. You need card or reciept that you have paid for one. Sure they are in bed together!!!:lol:

Another money making scam!!! unfortunatly alot of construction sites wont let you on without it.. Not bothered if you can use a saw but you need to know what fire extinguisher does what!! Keep the pass paper they give you and reciept when you pay for card so you can prove it.. Some companys like Mcalpine wont let you on with just pass cert. You need card or reciept that you have paid for one. Sure they are in bed together!!!:lol:

I couldn't agree more with this- it is the biggest load on bollocx and is there just to make money, along with all the other accreditation schemes Chas, Exor, IPAF, etc.

I may stand corrected but I think the window they allow for "time served" entrants is now gone and you need to complete an NVQ (level dependant on the card you are going for) for anything more than a visitors card- this was cetainly the case for me.

It's worth noting that almost all of the imported workers eg Polish etc are only on site with a visitors card and they are freely using pertol disc cutters, operating MEWPS, driving diggers etc

Just done mine 2 weeks ago. An operatives card is what you require not a visitors, don't bother wasting your time with sample questions or revising.

40 Simple multi-choice questions to be answered in 40 mins, only need 35 out of 40 to pass. I just winged it and passed with 34mins still left on timer.

£17 to sit test and £20 for card(robbing g*ts).

You def need the card as it will have your number on it, as long as you can provide the number then its checkable.

i passed mine in 2 minutes! the fire extinguisher questions are the only tricky ones make sure you can diferenciate the colours, and you get a certificate there, make sure you take your driving licence or passport for ID, my boss took his CIS card which was photo ID but they said it wasnt valid ID meaning he had to rebook his test, if your in a rush to get on site you dont need your card just take your cert into the site office

Thanks for all the useful advice. Just booked it for early Jan, I'm not impressed that i'm gonna get done for another 20 notes just to get the card... now fire extinguishers....

If i remember any tough questions once i've done the test i'll be sure to make a note here.

cheers

Joe