2006 l200 engine management light

Billy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It probably caused your sensor to kick in I had the boost pressure sensor go on mine last year which led to power loss on the hills or when under load and a relay also went I replaced both but both times the engine managment system needed resetting for the light to go off and error code to be cleared(I never left it long enough to discover if it would of gone off by itself) but the first thing I was told to check for when my light came on was the vac hose for any damage cracks air holes or being loose of completly off mine behaved exactly the same way as your has anyway hope you have it sorted now :001_smile:

It probably caused your sensor to kick in I had the boost pressure sensor go on mine last year which led to power loss on the hills or when under load and a relay also went I replaced both but both times the engine managment system needed resetting for the light to go off and error code to be cleared(I never left it long enough to discover if it would of gone off by itself) but the first thing I was told to check for when my light came on was the vac hose for any damage cracks air holes or being loose of completly off mine behaved exactly the same way as your has anyway hope you have it sorted now :001_smile:

Same as ours. We were half way through overtaking a lorry then it went into limp home mode. Was rather embaressing when it just died. Turned it off and back on again and had the amber engine light on (instead of limp home[red]) and got back to the yard.

• 4 years later...

Vacum pipe is a re-call by Mitsubishi, I have 2 a 56 Diamond and an 08 Animal and had the 2 done. All they did was put a spring clip on it. Spent a lot of money on diagnostics and getting codes reset though. Rear springs are also a ball ache, always busting. Mitsubishi say they have improved the engines now !!! Don't have any problems with the Hilux though but certainly wouldn't touch another L200.

I had this happen to one of my L200's of around '04 age. Turned out to be a knackered turbo, which wasn't cheap. It wasn't a high mileage truck either. I won't buy them now. I had three and they were all trouble in one way or another. I'd rather have a Ranger. Even my Landies were more reliable!

• 2 years later...
On 26/12/2011 at 13:40, White Noise said:

EGR Valve kit :001_smile:

I was looking through here for advice and found this EGR info. It all checked out now my truck is spot on.

cheers mate ?