2006 l200 engine management light

Billy

I bought a 56 plate new shape L200 on Christmas eve, 28k on it. I test drove it for ten miles on a range of roads everything was fine bar it being very low on fuel and having a dodgy battery. About 15 miles from the guys house the engine management light came on and power was down slightly, not like limp home mode, it was just a bit flat.

Once I got it home which was a further 50 miles, I found a vacuum hose disconnected from the I let manifold. This restored full power and boost but the engine management light remains illuminated, even after removing the battery for the night, hs anyone got any ideas why it's still on?

The only idea I can co e up with is that as it was driven for about 20 miles with very little fuel in he filter may be slightly clogged, just enough to throw up a fault but not enough to affect

Performance?

Any ideas much appreciated

Thanks, Bill

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.374020,0.480800

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our '03 warrior has done this since we bought it 6 years ago. What happens is that when you drop a gear to overtake or put alot of power on when towing for example all the crap seems to build up inside and the power drops and drops away until you eventually have to pull over and stop for a few minutes. When you restart the engine a pile of black smoke and debris plumes out the exhaust and the engine management light should go out.

Weve never managed to resolve it so cant tow anything which was one of the reasons we bought it in the first place .

Hope someone on here can provide an answer as it would provide some positive in what has been a huge mistake on my part but appreciate some on here like them.:001_smile:

Since replacing the vacuum line it has had full power, but the light annoys me! I've since read It can be due to any fault causing the vehicle to potentially fail an emissions test which doesn't really matter. I'll get one of those obi code readers. Where can I get a list of the codes to find out what they mean?

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.374086,0.480985

Look on eBay and you can get a obd fault code reader for 20 notes. It will tell you the fault and allow you to reset the codes and management light. Born to trot give us a shout and you can see if my code reader will give you any fault codes

Thanks Guss , I'll pm you and see if your gadget can come up with anything.