The Ultimate Arbtruck !

ACPrice(Eng)Ltd

trust me a 6 inch road tow chipper would be in our scrap bin after 2 yrs working with us.... and it'd take 40 yrs to do the work we'd do in 20 with a mog and chipper... as for the 10 grand a yr to run one..that is complete bollocks.... in the last 12 months i can honestly say other than set front brake pads thats all i've spent on it.. other than the service.... and the 3 yr old schliesing chipper has just had £600 spent on it as buttons, stress control,computer wasnt workin properly.. thats the only money i've spent on chipper since new other than blades...

Well I suppose theres not much I can say against that apart from your guys must work harder than anyone else and your machinery seems more reliable than most.

If thats how it is then Im sure a mog is great value for money.:thumbup1:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I suppose theres not much I can say against that apart from your guys must work harder than anyone else and your machinery seems more reliable than most.

If thats how it is then Im sure a mog is great value for money.:thumbup1:

i've got transits that cost as much in a year as i spend on a mog... i dont touch a single spanner myself unless summins gone wrong on a job.. i have a mechanic do everything, even change the blades in chipper.. in the 7 or 8 yrs i've had mog i had a recon radiator at cost of £600 within a week of owning it as pipe bracket had broken and rubbed rad.... starter motor and alternator.... rebuilt all brake calipers with a repair kit.. had 3 compressors fitted mainly because it runs very hot in the summer which i've now sorted... recored the radiator mainly to elliminate that from over heatin preoblem.. few lights, sets brake pads, belts, odd hydraulic pipe etc over yrs.... now i'm guessin that wouldnt come to 10 grand for the 8 yrs... now theres plenty life left in it still and unless i was to buy abrand new one i';d have no plans to change it...

when i say 20 yrs of use i mean buy a new one and in 20 yrs time trade it in for another new one so as to keep it reliable.. mines got few yrs to go till its 20 but i'm guessin it wont be unreliable when it is..... not sure how the new ones will be in comparrison with their electrics/computers etc..