conveyor maneovrability

farmerguido

Hi, this is my first post so forgive me if I am covering old ground but I have trawled around the forum fairly extensively.

I am thinking of buying a rotary processor such as the MottiMaster or the Klapi-Tuiko - incidentally, is one a rebranded version of the other as they seem very similar? - as the look of the finished product is not important, we are not going to sell any, it is just for four properties on two farms. And I like the simplicity.

I wanted a conveyor to get to the back of the barns we use (they are too low for tractors and machinery so we use them for logs) but as my helpful wife pointed out - how to get the conveyor in through low doorways (6'6" to 7'6") when it is side mounted? If it was rear mounted you could just reverse in....

This made me think of filling those m^3 bags and .... oh, you're ahead of me here....so how am I going to get these into the barns? No level floors so no pump trucks. I guess I am stretching in with the loader. What weight is one of these bags? Our loader is only an MF135 trip loader but it has unloaded 600kg fert bags off a flat bed before....NB not recommended.

so this would be three questions:

any glaring issues with the rotary processors?

how do you manoevre a side conveyor?

how heavy is a jumbled filled m^3 of, let's say, wet hardwood?

oh, a fourth question - should I have split this post into three?

Across your four properties and two farms, do you not have a grain elevator or potato conveyor anywhere you could use to shift them into the shed?

Alternatively, buy this one or one like it and take off the fence of one side and replace it with a fence in sections. You can then hang the conveyor as high in your shed as you can, the beginning sticking out of the front.

Process onto the conveyor, let it move your logs into the shed until they are as far as you want them, then move a section of the fence across the belt so it's diagonally across and it will sweep the logs off the side.

Move bits of fence as and when required.

One of the big advantages of such a system is that you can put logs anywhere along the length of the conveyor, ie behind other logs if needed.

_ → ______ ↘ \_____

.................Pile

Job done, you're welcome:biggrin:

I can't get the tractor in there....

we're very small scale livestock farmers, so no arable equipment

I like the idea of an adjustable fence conveyor. have to find a single phase one, though.

so, how heavy is a m^3 of hardwood? would I be better off with builders dumpy bags?

we're very small scale livestock farmers,

so, how heavy is a m^3 of hardwood? would I be better off with builders dumpy bags?

both a m3 and dumpy bag are to heavy to lift by hand (yes some young tikes on here throw them about but as they get older they will regret it.) Have you looked at barrow bags which can be used with a standard 2 wheel sack truck which most farmers have. Could be your easiest solution

we're very small scale livestock farmers, so no arable equipment

I like the idea of an adjustable fence conveyor. have to find a single phase one, though.

Do you do small bales on your smallholding?

the lister type bale elevators are excellent for moving logs, and can pich them up for less than £100 most of the time

this sort of thing bale elevator | eBay

Is it an old or important building?

for the sake of a new lintel you could perhaps widen the doorway and get the 135 in?

Make a small crane for the 3-point linkage of the tractor? - plenty of power and as long as you like (obviously the longer it is the less you can lift)

Mechanical wheelbarrow? you can hire them if you can't afford one?

ordinary wheelbarrow? cheaper still.

use your imagination.

failing all that, move the processor up to the door using a crowbar and rollers and attach the tractor to the machine once in place.

What do these processors weigh? could you lift it into position with the loader?