Was he right???

skyhuck

This sums up the problem with Britain these days, the fact that this guy has been charged, irrespective of the trial outcome, is enough to let people know that openly flouting the law is acceptable. And that once again the law is on the side of the perpetrator.

If he hadn't been charged then that would have sent the self-same message you want to avoid, that flouting the law by committing a battery is acceptable. :001_smile:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the video?

Did that look like the actions of someone who forgot to buy a ticket or got on the wrong train?

Who knows what the consequences of that little thiefs actions are.

Someone suggested that the others on the train would be late to watch their favourite TV shows so what's the problem! I would havzard at a guess that with that many people delayed for that amount of time thier could easily be someone who was late to visit a loved one in hospital, late for a job interview, late to pick their children up late for etc etc etc.

So how dare someone steal from all those passengers then have the audacity to give cheek and blatantly not care about his actions and the following consequences.:thumbdown:

Its people like him and people who support his 'human rights' that are destroying this country.

What utter cobblers. :001_rolleyes:

I still maintain that the route cause of this whole debacle was the guard on the train handling the situation in a wholly inappropriate way .....

The root cause was someone boarding a train without a valid ticket for that journey. Everything else stems from that point.

With regard to the prosecution, this is the only way the legality of what happened can be ascertained (after appeals, counter appeals, etc of course ;) ).

Did you watch the video?

Did that look like the actions of someone who forgot to buy a ticket or got on the wrong train?

Who knows what the consequences of that little thiefs actions are.

Someone suggested that the others on the train would be late to watch their favourite TV shows so what's the problem! I would havzard at a guess that with that many people delayed for that amount of time thier could easily be someone who was late to visit a loved one in hospital, late for a job interview, late to pick their children up late for etc etc etc.

So how dare someone steal from all those passengers then have the audacity to give cheek and blatantly not care about his actions and the following consequences.:thumbdown:

Its people like him and people who support his 'human rights' that are destroying this country.

That someone would have been me, for the purpose of illustrating the difference between mere nuisance and physical threat. I accept that people could have been delayed for many things other than a tv programme so let me add some others. He could have delayed somebody on there way to rob an old lady, or murder their spouse, or be hit by a meteorite, all of which are as much conjecture as your suggestions.

With regards to his behaviour, it has been mentioned that the 'big man's' victim is diabetic. Although I do not know this to be true, it is worth mentioning that a symptom of hypoglaecemia (in common with some head injuries) is to be aggressive or abusive, even to the point of appearing drunk. If he was in this state, it would explain his behaviour. :001_smile:

The only way the big guy could be seen to use excessive force was when he shoved the oik off the train the second time.(some may say it was not excessive,it was restrained)

The little oik did come back for more. And did receive a firmer reaction.

We could do with a common sense law. Mind you i suppose thats what the PF/cps is.

Any normal person would have got off the train when ask by the conductor.

ok, so what about all those people who have bought the wrong ticket or got on the wrong train?

would the granny, the mother, your sister....brother - mum or dad.....be treated the same way?

to quick to judge.

'the big man' was not trained to handle the situation - an should have stayed clear.

the ticket guy should have asked for ID and had the lad sort it out via the admin people.

its not the britain i want to live in, and i have been a doorman in london - so i've seen my fair share.

Surely they would just get off the train when their error was pointed out and they were asked so to do.

This muppet was asked many, many times to get off, he refused and became abusive.

Apparently this situation is not uncommon and sometimes its several people who do the evicting, its just a real shame that this time it was filmed.

Although I do not know this to be true, it is worth mentioning that a symptom of hypoglaecemia (in common with some head injuries) is to be aggressive or abusive, even to the point of appearing drunk. If he was in this state, it would explain his behaviour. :001_smile:

Also ticket office supposedly gave him wrong ticket.

mmm now let me seee....good defense building up here for the oik....wonder if he is an experienced crim or if his lawyer built this defense.

Also ticket office supposedly gave him wrong ticket.

mmm now let me seee....good defense building up here for the oik....wonder if he is an experienced crim or if his lawyer built this defense.

That would be no defence.

The offence is to "not present a valid ticket to the inspector" how or why you came to not have the correct ticket is irrelevant.

The guy was a freeloading little scumbag, I don't for one second think he even tried to buy a ticket.

That would be no defence.

The offence is to "not present a valid ticket to the inspector" how or why you came to not have the correct ticket is irrelevant.

The guy was a freeloading little scumbag, I don't for one second think he even tried to buy a ticket.

Skyhuck, you are correct. If he had been in NYC the transit police would have made quick work of him!

easy-lift guy