Log prices

welwell

I'm doing 50 quid a bulk bag, 100 a tipper load, a bit slow at the moment but like Dean said wait a few months and they will sell. Also 50 quid in this day and age is bugger all, after you stand there cutting and splitting then deliver them it's bloody good value. Seen the price of coal layely?:scared1:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing 50 quid a bulk bag, 100 a tipper load, a bit slow at the moment but like Dean said wait a few months and they will sell. Also 50 quid in this day and age is bugger all, after you stand there cutting and splitting then deliver them it's bloody good value. Seen the price of coal layely?:scared1:

Couldn't agree more :001_smile:

most people are only interested in the price, not type of wood or even if its seasoned! good job as i only have green hardwood logs left. people still come back for more. i think 140 a load is expensive, coal is still cheaper than burning wood.

Been selling dumpy bags for £55.Loose trailer,just under 2 cube for £120. Sold all my seasoned wood weeks ago,now on green but Only have about 30 cube left. Tried to buy

a cpl of wagon loads yesterday. 1 guy has around 500 ton but won't sell because he

can't keep up supply with his own customers.The other timber haulier wants £33 ton (27 tonner)delivered in for cord ready to go on a firewood machine.

I know coal has gone up recently but oil has come down big style. In 30 yrs, I've never known logs go so quickly at what I think is good money and it's just not around here from reading the posts other posts

most people are only interested in the price, not type of wood or even if its seasoned! good job as i only have green hardwood logs left. people still come back for more. i think 140 a load is expensive, coal is still cheaper than burning wood.

£140 a load is expensive ?

Mine is 3.5 bulk bags 2 year seasoned under cover.

I don't sell unseasoned wood full stop. My unseasoned wood is next years supply, if you run out you run out, you should plan your wood sales the previous year

The public are numpties and as proffesionals we have a moral duty to inform the client of the dangers of burning green unseasoned wood.

I would hate to think that someone to whom I supplied had a chimney fire that wrecked their house.

The public are numpties and as proffesionals we have a moral duty to inform the client of the dangers of burning green unseasoned wood.

I would hate to think that someone to whom I supplied had a chimney fire that wrecked their house.

Wheres your sense of schadenfrued? The idea of someone burning their house down because of their cheapskate buying of green wood is hilarious.:001_smile:

Wheres your sense of schadenfrued? The idea of someone burning their house down because of their cheapskate buying of green wood is hilarious.:001_smile:

It happened here Ed, next door but two, the end cottage had to have there whole chimney breast rebuilt, roof removed everything, it set fire to the roof rafters.

The insurance didn't pay out either, something to do with not having their chimney swept or maintained.

I stood watching the drama mate, so it does and will happen

If there house burns down they should maybe use that thing called a chimney.

Burning unseasoned wood leaves tarry deposits which form as the miosture from the wood condenses on the chimney wall sides, over a period of time these tarry deposits build up to give a thick tar coat to the inside of the chimney wall, it only forms in the top half of the flue where the flue walls are coolest and the moisture can condense

One day you burn something dry that burns hot enough to set this tarry deposit on fire, it then causes a fierce updraft which burn with such ferocity it can and will destroy your chimney breast and at it's peak sounds like a jet engine

If you sell firewood, you should know this :sneaky2:

Dean's right. It doesn't have to be unseasoned softwood causing chimney fires either. A near neighbour of ours burns exclusively oak. He gets it himself in cord form, stores it outside or in a dark shed, then cuts and splits it and chucks it straight onto his open fire.

He had a belter of a chimney fire last year. 8 feet of flame jetting out of his masonary chimney and big lumps of burning black stuff landing everywhere.