Green Business

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is developing into an interesting thread, but we need hard facts.........

Come on gents and ladies.

I don't know that I can give you hard facts, but I can give you some of my experiences. Look at some of the most prosperous farmers in the USA, Amish & Mennonite, while conventional farmers are leasing ever more expensive tractors and equipment and gradually falling deeper into debt, those two groups who use horses for their motive power 95% of the time continue to prosper and buy more land.

I can work behind my horse all day and suffer no ill effects, however if I drive a diesel tractor without a cab, I will develop a headache within the hour.

A horse is solar powered.

It can put back into the soil that which it consumes.

And you can go out every morning of every day of your life to your tractor, but it will never give birth to another.

DSCF1617.jpg.75fa4b0126a34b62149a55baa728321a.jpg

DSCF1345.jpg.da34d2b0d5fddb339320080e5455d48e.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg.aa82fc3d84072396f4216dc3fbb37a3e.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg.6d73fb1a717eb49638f93d17ad5ceb72.jpg

now u've been and done the arguement in with those pics haven't u!:lol:

And i don't even like horses particulary! One advantage of a horse over a tractor is its much tastier to eat when the world runs out of food!!!:001_tt2:

Problem is i'd rather sit on my space aged tractor than walk behind a horse in the warmer summer months and cold wintery days......but i know which would make me fitter!!!!!:biggrin:

now u've been and done the arguement in with those pics haven't u!:lol:

And i don't even like horses particulary! One advantage of a horse over a tractor is its much tastier to eat when the world runs out of food!!!:001_tt2:

Problem is i'd rather sit on my space aged tractor than walk behind a horse in the warmer summer months and cold wintery days......but i know which would make me fitter!!!!!:biggrin:

It certainly would make you fitter, because you and your trusty steeds would have to walk 330 miles to plough a 40 acre field! :thumbup:

Are you trying to tell me a horse won't pull a 12 furrow reversible?:thumbdown:

I want my money back!

I'm certainly not ' rover ' .. Those wiley yanks are breeding 18 hand mules weighing over a ton and probably think nothing of hitching easily a dozen or more together. Now thats alot of horsepower or donkey power!! :thumbup: