What's the difference between a good climber and a good climber?

brothergrim

So you're one of those 'holier than thou' climbers who comes down and kicks back? Too good to drag are you?

not at all, in fact im the last man standing at the end of the day when its time to throw them big butt rings on the truck:001_tt2:

but its asking too much for a climber to come down clean up and re climb is it not?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a fair bit, but it's my call. If I can crash a huge limb out in a oner, I will, but I'm happy to jump down and help deal with it (and have a sneaky brew!).

I always like to have a couple of minutes at least and a swig of water when I come down before getting stuck in.

I do a fair bit, but it's my call. If I can crash a huge limb out in a oner, I will, but I'm happy to jump down and help deal with it (and have a sneaky brew!).

I always like to have a couple of minutes at least and a swig of water when I come down before getting stuck in.

thats fair:thumbup:

To be honest ive done a fair bit of grounding lately (we have an apprentice , tom) and im starting to get into the swing again, requires a different mindset thats all, im in climbing mode alll the time, thats the way it is with three to four grounding!

glad to be getting some ground time to be honest, especialy with the big 40 looming!:lol:

thats what a groundie would say! if i had to come down from the canopy and do the groundies job and my own work, and climb twice as much for the pleasure of assisting the groundies i would be a very p off climber very very quickly!

I thought you'd be different to that. I have no problem getting down from the tree when i've finished and straight into the thick of it. Yes at times its annoying but sometimes you have to crash it down and help out, two hands cutting, sending and chipping are better than one overwhelmed losing your timeframe groundsman.

how is tom doing?

hes a good kid, and Im glad he is with us:thumbup1:

I thought you'd be different to that. I have no problem getting down from the tree when i've finished and straight into the thick of it. Yes at times its annoying but sometimes you have to crash it down and help out, two hands cutting, sending and chipping are better than one overwhelmed losing your timeframe groundsman.

most of what we do is reductions, big ones in tricky rope down situations for wealthy folk who do not want their hartley botanic greenhouses smashed, if I come down we lose time. If it was a big take down thats another matter, but with three guys grounding, they never fall THAT far behind.

dont judge me you dont know me, ask those who hire me to judge me, thats who has the real say.:thumbup:

hes a good kid, and Im glad he is with us:thumbup1:

most of what we do is reductions, big ones in tricky rope down situations for wealthy folk who do not want their hartley botanic greenhouses smashed, if I come down we lose time. If it was a big take down thats another matter, but with three guys grounding, they never fall THAT far behind.

dont judge me you dont know me, ask those who hire me to judge me, thats who has the real say.:thumbup:

Sorry i thought you were talking about removals, no dig or offence suggested i hope or at least that wasn't my aim.

A good climber will work for himself or work for someone else and charge a lot for as little as he can do to get the tree down and not lift a stick and go when he has done his part.:thumbup1:

A good climber for an employer will work as hard as possible for as little as possible, do as he is told, work extra hours for free, work so hard the boss doesnt need to buy a hiab and only have 1 groundie when he should have 2 at least:001_smile:

A good climber will work for himself or work for someone else and charge a lot for as little as he can do to get the tree down and not lift a stick and go when he has done his part.:thumbup1:

A good climber for an employer will work as hard as possible for as little as possible, do as he is told, work extra hours for free, work so hard the boss doesnt need to buy a hiab and only have 1 groundie when he should have 2 at least:001_smile:

I used to think thats how it was, apart from being treated like a tea boy being told what to do Where I am is nothing like that!:biggrin: