www.chainsawbars.co.uk - worth a look (I hope)!

Rob D

It is there in the section on vat and delivery.

£25-00 + vat which is what I pay UPS up to 25kg..... not cheap I know...

I will send smaller bits via royal mail but this will have to be via a phone order. At this stage to get the site to work out postage by weight was too complicated.

From Alaskan mills several orders via royal mail get lost in the post and it's almost impossible to claim back the money. So all website orders will go by signed courier.

You should think about using royal mail recorded for over here. Honey bros use UPS and I end up getting everything delivered to my mothers address in Scotland.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking excellent!

As a bit of feedback, I was looking at the carving bars and was a little confused that the pics of the items aren't linked to the "more info" bit.

Or perhaps I'm just thick.

Thanks - the carving bars are there in the 'more info' bit on pages 4, 5 and 6 of the bar manual pdf.

Thanks - the carving bars are there in the 'more info' bit on pages 4, 5 and 6 of the bar manual pdf.

Cheers but that's not what I meant, the carving bars were just an example.

I just meant that I don't want to click on the "click here for full details" bit, I expected the pics to link to the same little page-let.

Maybe I'm not thick, just lazy:001_cool:

You should think about using royal mail recorded for over here. Honey bros use UPS and I end up getting everything delivered to my mothers address in Scotland.

That's prob what will end up happening. But to do that within the site you have to then give every item a weight and then get the site to calculate how much for each destination....

For the future that's what I'll be aiming for but for now I opted for the easier option :blushing:

Cheers but that's not what I meant, the carving bars were just an example.

I just meant that I don't want to click on the "click here for full details" bit, I expected the pics to link to the same little page-let.

Maybe I'm not thick, just lazy:001_cool:

I see what you mean.... It just starts getting a bit complicated with doing all the links.....

The site is very neat and tidy i'am impressed well done.

ditto.

nice clean site. easy to navigate.

one small point......in the chain section when you get to the part where prices are displayed it is not clear immediately what the price relates to. you have to click for more info before you can see it is priced per link or per foot. perhaps bring that info up a level.

ditto.

nice clean site. easy to navigate.

one small point......in the chain section when you get to the part where prices are displayed it is not clear immediately what the price relates to. you have to click for more info before you can see it is priced per link or per foot. perhaps bring that info up a level.

You're right but the trouble is with the length of some of the chains and with how the boxes are styled it's not possible to fit it in....

But I know what you're saying it would be better to have it there before you have to click it.

looks very professional and informative in easy to understand plain english! i look forward to the phase 2 as am a husky user. also any chance of doing a section for firewood processors?? the sprockets etc for palax for example??