www.chainsawbars.co.uk - worth a look (I hope)!

Rob D

Just like to introduce my new website. It's been 18 months in the concept and making.

The idea behind it is to have the most advanced selector services and the widest range of bars and chains.

As well as being a full e commerce site it also has a load of videos and information. Some of it will be teaching grannie to suck eggs but some I hope should be useful.

There are tables to ID what chain you're running Chain ID table

PDFs of the different chain types and what they look like in the flesh http://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/media/documents/chain-info.pdf

You can make up custom loops Custom chain loops

Every single sprocket, bar and chain have been taken in high res i.e. when you go to buy a sprocket not just a pic of any old sprocket but a close up of what the actual one is.

In stock I have 97% of everything that's on the website.

All the chainsawmills are on there.

Certified chainsaw users can have their account unlocked to purchase Stihl accessories.

Initially the selector services only work for Stihl but Husky will be added next.

:biggrin:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Impressive Rob well done I cannot find Husqvarna under guidebar selector tool is that to come later? Good ideas to give lots of accessible info, should save alot of web trawling for people.

Thanks - Yes Husky later as I can't afford the additional stock at the mo....in fact I can't afford alot of anything at the mo!

I'm not sure whether to stock Husky bars so will prob be Oregon and cannon only to start with. But will stock all the oregon and stihl chains that fit Huskys.

Yes bold statements indeed.... time will tell!

Try it and see what you think. The bar selectors other websites do have but the sprocket one that also lists rims and bearings is pretty unique and there is also selectors specifically for carving....

Thanks - Yes Husky later as I can't afford the additional stock at the mo....in fact I can't afford alot of anything at the mo!

I'm not sure whether to stock Husky bars so will prob be Oregon and cannon only to start with. But will stock all the oregon and stihl chains that fit Huskys.

I buy oregon replacement bars. I take it the bolt holes are different with stihl and husky, never owned a stihl even though Ive maintained em. Not noticed anything apart from bigger nuts on holding plate.

Same situ with the £s I want an alaskan, one day maybe 2012 I hope.:001_smile:

Oh nearly forgot what is the postage costs to Northern Ireland, can't seem to find it on the site?

It is there in the section on vat and delivery.

£25-00 + vat which is what I pay UPS up to 25kg..... not cheap I know...

I will send smaller bits via royal mail but this will have to be via a phone order. At this stage to get the site to work out postage by weight was too complicated.

From Alaskan mills several orders via royal mail get lost in the post and it's almost impossible to claim back the money. So all website orders will go by signed courier.

I buy oregon replacement bars. I take it the bolt holes are different with stihl and husky, never owned a stihl even though Ive maintained em. Not noticed anything apart from bigger nuts on holding plate.

Same situ with the £s I want an alaskan, one day maybe 2012 I hope.:001_smile:

Yes Husky and Stihl have different bar mountings.... but Husky is part of 'phase 2' planned in 3 months.