www.chainsawbars.co.uk - worth a look (I hope)!

Rob D

• 4 years later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting reading through this thread - chainsawbars.co.uk is now nearly 5 years old - where has that time gone!

Not done much with it recently mainly because we are moving onto another platform this year...

So in a few months it will be completely re vamped. Hence am looking for some feedback - ideas to improve it - are you using it? If so why do you buy from here and not somewhere else? What do you like and what don't you like?

Or - if you have tried it and then gone elsewhere why was that? What would make you go back to buying off us again?

It seems to have a lot of problems being looked at on mobile devices which have caused problems..

Let's have your thoughts - yes mention price/is it easy to find what you are after?

Shoot from the hip and don't be shy :001_tongue::biggrin:

hmmm, okay.... why aren't you selling lifting tongs, high-lift wedges and sole importer of the RipSaw?

And, hmmm.... can't think of any problems I've found with the website.

Would be good to know of any new devices/ inventions you start to sell, maybe have a link on the website for that, or send a dedicated email out?.... or pop a thread on Arbtalk.

cheers, Steve

The basket doesn't save for very long. A couple of weeks ago I was trying to order a new bar and a few different chains and every time I added an item, it would disappear. Tried to make an order a few times and got fed up and waited for the arb show.

hmmm, okay.... why aren't you selling lifting tongs, high-lift wedges and sole importer of the RipSaw?

And, hmmm.... can't think of any problems I've found with the website.

Would be good to know of any new devices/ inventions you start to sell, maybe have a link on the website for that, or send a dedicated email out?.... or pop a thread on Arbtalk.

cheers, Steve

Ripsaw - RIP by the looks of things - if you see below... I think I looked at this once and like a few good ideas it wasn't CE marked... Shame. You never know in the future the idea could return.

Lifting tongs - we could sell those - are they good? I had some once and never used them much!

New inventions are always good - but again the CE marking can slow things down a lot - or even kill them.

But am always on the lookout - really I should get off my backside and get over to the large forestry events on the continent...

:001_smile:

Capture.PNG.e47f5bc8ee8fbcd2646251cc2e8c4266.PNG

The basket doesn't save for very long. A couple of weeks ago I was trying to order a new bar and a few different chains and every time I added an item, it would disappear. Tried to make an order a few times and got fed up and waited for the arb show.

Yep this is mainly the reason why we are moving onto a new platform - the old one seems full of bugs and the web developer has not been as good at fixing them as we would have liked.... so sorry about that :blushing:

It was a custom build - sounds flash but in reality a right royal pain to fix things and keep up with how browsers work...

Ripsaw - RIP by the looks of things - if you see below... I think I looked at this once and like a few good ideas it wasn't CE marked... Shame. You never know in the future the idea could return.

Lifting tongs - we could sell those - are they good? I had some once and never used them much!

New inventions are always good - but again the CE marking can slow things down a lot - or even kill them.

But am always on the lookout - really I should get off my backside and get over to the large forestry events on the continent...

oh no!.... I always wanted one if those RipSaws too. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Rob, do you know how to weld?... can't be that difficult to make a RipSaw, surely! :thumbup:

I like using the wider lifting tongs as they don't tend to slip and due to the length (from handle to *tongy grippy bit) you don't need to bend down so far.

*tongy = the pointy sharp bit of a lifting tong.

cheers, Steve

p.s.... I also noted the shopping basket empties itself.

You need to get your password reset sorted. I forgot mine and clicked on the reset password and it tells me I will get an Email but it never comes. Just tried it again tonight and it still does not work for me. Your prices and service have been great but not been able to order from you lately.

Yep - it's disappointing hearing things like this...

If you need bars and chains (albeit Sugihara only) then you can always order off the Sugihara website Sugihara Guide Bars

I'd like people to have a play on this if possible - this is a Wordpress site, much easier to update, works across all platforms... it is free delivery while we are working on it.

But of course not every product is on there....

How do people like how the suggestions work? You pick a bar and then below it lists the chains and sprockets for that bar/saw combo?

Only got this loaded for Stihl Groups 1,2 and 3.

I never got the chainsawbars.co.uk sprockets area fully working - just too complicated but on this type of format I think we can get things to work well and be accurate.

As you scroll down the page it gives you the relevant files (no pics yet) as well.

Capture1.PNG.17c148f808a7139f277c88ebd82ad5b5.PNG

Capture2.PNG.0baeb66f31c3e072dfce9a194297ad69.PNG

You need to get your password reset sorted. I forgot mine and clicked on the reset password and it tells me I will get an Email but it never comes. Just tried it again tonight and it still does not work for me. Your prices and service have been great but not been able to order from you lately.

What was your full name and I will dig it out manually for you?

Yes - again another bug never fully fixed.... :sneaky2: