Cost of day rate

AJarb

If I had to cost in EVERYTHING as hire charges plus wages sick pay tax etc the day rate would be astronomical!

How much would it cost alone to hire out just two sets of climbing kit and PPE, never mind the truck,chipper,saws,blower,rake,brush,shovel, tools etc etc.

They should be hired out at cost not for profit, your wage is your profit. :001_smile:

I worked out how many hours a chipper lasts say for example 2000 hours

Initail purchase cost plus servicing, blades and fuel and that gives you a lifetime expense, divide by 2000 and that gives you an hourly running rate of what you should be charging for your chipper, add 25% to make up for any miscalculations :001_smile:

We should "ideally" be doing this for "all" our tackle,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be hired out at cost not for profit, your wage is your profit. :001_smile:

Hey I want a wage and a profit :001_smile:

It's interesting to see how differently people cost things up.

With the machinery I do all the maintainence and repairs. Couldnt really work it out now but machine cost about £6000 7 years ago and I've probably only spent less than a grand in those 6 years and it still runs just as good as new(well will blow up tomorrow morning now obviously!)

So at a grand a year and working on a 45 week year it costs about £4.40 a day to run + fuel.

That doesnt sound right I must have done something wrong :confused1:

Hey I want a wage and a profit

There's just no pleasing some people :001_tongue:

So at a grand a year and working on a 45 week year it costs about £4.40 a day to run + fuel.

I work out per hour run because on some jobs, the chipper might run for half an hour, on others it can do 4 or 5 hours in the day and I'm sure some of you lot out there just leave it running all day :sneaky2:

I charge 330-350 for two guys all the kit and brash chipped and removed if needed. Most people seem happy with that. It depends on the job to be fair.

i would think they are

me thinks more like £400 for the workers +chipper and tipping on top as i know some firms around here charge at least £680 + vat for 3 men,chipper and kit for the day :ohmy:

Hey I want a wage and a profit :001_smile:

Quite right.

Anyone who has done business studies will know the process of Oncosts , Overheads and Profit. Not just the first 2. Big businesses cover the costs, pay the wages and have a profit margin.