Stihl ms201

coleman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this thread and others about the 201 it does sound like a hell of alot are either having trouble with the saw or just don't rate it compared to the 020.

Maybe husky are doing the right thing by pissing about making sure its right first time!!

re ,husky !!!

isnt this there 3,rd or 4,th attempt @ making a climbing saw :laugh1:

lol ok so we buy a saw return it a few times and then it should be ok??? make sense to anyone else..... never had that problem with the MS200. i try and chuck a new chain on it tho, see if any difference.

Cheers MOG

Fair play. I wasn't saying that you need to return it a few times though... I was saying you need to retune it a few times. Not sure why but it seems to come untunes after about 10 tankfulls of fuel. However apart from that and the chain, I've decided its a better saw than the 200 lol. When it's cutting well it is a lot faster cutting, its lighter and you dont have to refuel it as often. but thats just my opinion. And also the only thing I didnt like about the chain that came with it was that it got blunt really quickly, and I aint talking about hitting durt, it just got dull from work.

I'm pretty sure in 12/24 months most people will be using them, and will love them. A few teething problems that need sorting.

And in regards to the husky... Well I know that everyone loves them, but they look too fragile too me. Lots of bits to break. So even if it was a stormer of a saw I wouldnt want a climbing one which will get abused daily.

had mine for a couple of months with a 14" bar a good saw imo but when I used it last it started reving hard when i was not even touching it then it would not turn off had to choke it took it to the dealers and as per usual it behaved itsself he did play with the idle so hope this sort things out.

An other tree butcher has recently acquired this new saw. I have had an opportunity to use it and found it was slow to get on the power band in comparison to the T200.

My T200 still works.

For the foresee able future I think I will stay put, if only my service engineer could fix the saw not stopping when I would like.