Rope Wrench feedback

Cheers Kevin, I got sick of trying to make one from rope and heat shrink even when I got it right the tether still had to much flex for me. I'm really stoked with this setup and the ZK2 is 100% perfect in design, so damn smooth!

looks good nick, have been wanting to try a teather attached direct to top or middle hole of hc but without a biner, nice and easy to take on and off without the slop. how do you get on with the metal teather if it is running over a branch lay on its side?

Got my wrench this morning and I only ordered it yesterday, nice surprise! Made a tether for it this afternoon and from what I can make out it seems to work ok!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367434158.832662.jpg.cdff205670784acba61188c90249042f.jpg

Do you think it looks ok? Right position and whatnot?

Looks cock on to me mate :thumbup1:

This is probably blindingly obvious to you but the way I check mine for length is when checking the hitch is set, push the pulley up the line so that the tether ascends the wrench then yank it back down to set the knot. If there's a reasonable gap, couple of inches is plenty for me, then it's right. If the wrench is touching the top of the hitch then it needs tweaking... If the wrench droops back into neutral a bit more heat shrink at the top of the tether does the trick for me.

I stitched them up with 70lb fishing braid. Never done anything like that before so I was making it up as I went along. Seems good and strong though and I'll keep checking them to make sure nothing's moved. Am I right in thinking that even if a tether broke, you'd just be stuck?