Top handle versus back handle.

MATTMOSS

Sorry if this subject has already been brought up, but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on using the back handle version of the ms200 as opposed to the top handle saw? I personnally find that in most cases i feel alot more in 'control' (for want of a better word) and if chogging down small stems the back handle dosnt put as much pressure on your arms as you have more leverage. Obviously they are a bit longer and more cumbersome but you also have the option to use them on the ground. Anybody use them? :dontknow:

Sorry if this subject has already been brought up, but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on using the back handle version of the ms200 as opposed to the top handle saw? I personnally find that in most cases i feel alot more in 'control' (for want of a better word) and if chogging down small stems the back handle dosnt put as much pressure on your arms as you have more leverage. Obviously they are a bit longer and more cumbersome but you also have the option to use them on the ground. Anybody use them? :dontknow:

Just use a 346 or 026 instead, more power, almost same weight, you're a climber your forearms should be rock anyway!

That is a fair question. After years in the industry small reductions in physical stress must add up to extra longevity in the game.

I love the ms200t and have been seriously thinking about getting a ms200. Never used one.

Are they as good. I want a saw that is light and low on fatigue when using it for light trimming, pruning and has still got the guts to fell a tree up to say 20 inch diameter without getting embarrassed. I do a fair bit of rights of way work, ending up 2k or more from the vehicle.

What do you reckon?

250 is an entirely different beastie, 200 and 240 are "pro" saws.

I agree with that, we have a 250 at work and im not a fan of it. not as well made and not as powerful for its size. Never come across a 240 yet. But the back handle 20 is a great little saw, excellent in the tree with the only down size being I over use it trying to cut bigger stuff than it should and when you have to use a 660 you think the end of the world has come. :001_smile: