£160 for 10m3 Bulk Logs available

Chalgravesteve

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you lot down south? If I lived where you do I'd be heating my house for free :thumbup1:

i dont dare mention softwood to any of my customers...if i did they'd think i mixed it in with hardwood and go else where.... learnt by my mistakes in past..

we have a guy coming round this week to look at options of putting a wood burner/boiler in one of the sheds to heat the 5 houses in our courtyard area... costs over £8000 a year in oil to heat them..

but even he says the burners run better on hardwood, but i guess if the softwood,willow,poplar that we throw away is cut into 3ft lengths and split into liftable sizes it wouldnt matter..

i dont dare mention softwood to any of my customers...if i did they'd think i mixed it in with hardwood and go else where.... learnt by my mistakes in past..

we have a guy coming round this week to look at options of putting a wood burner/boiler in one of the sheds to heat the 5 houses in our courtyard area... costs over £8000 a year in oil to heat them..

but even he says the burners run better on hardwood, but i guess if the softwood,willow,poplar that we throw away is cut into 3ft lengths and split into liftable sizes it wouldnt matter..

what does he mean by better

is it that you don't have to load them so often maybe...

i'll buy the lot if as discussed previously you can still load me with a teleporter... i've just not had time to come in daylight to have look... give me a figure for the lot and i'll take a chance mate.... what concerns me is we burn softwood on fire in yard or give it away...

If you want to take the lot, then call it £15 per m3 and you can use my teleporter to load it.

I would rather that you came and had a look for yourself at both the log pile and the teleporter to ensure that you are happy with everything. I have had a stack of interest now and I need to get rid of the bulk before 5th December if possible as we have some works commencing then and we need to get rid of most of the pile if possible before then.

Cheers

Steve

If you want to take the lot, then call it £15 per m3 and you can use my teleporter to load it.

I would rather that you came and had a look for yourself at both the log pile and the teleporter to ensure that you are happy with everything. I have had a stack of interest now and I need to get rid of the bulk before 5th December if possible as we have some works commencing then and we need to get rid of most of the pile if possible before then.

Cheers

Steve

its gone from £20 a ton to £15m3 thats more than double mate...

I seem to recall from my original thread on here where I first posted it, that you said that I would be more accurately pricing it if I sold it by volume rather than by weight as the weight could vary by so much.

I took that on board and had a lorry loaded to see how much volume was going into lorry.

Everyone who has seen the pile and the loaded lorries have said it is a huge amount of wood for very low cost. You mentioned your artic carried 26 tonnes so on the basis of what I have actually been able to ascertain from an actual weighed load..approx 4 tonnes in a 10m3 load, then you would be loading almost 40m3 into your arctic to make 26 tonnes? Seeing as an 8 wheeled grab tipper carries 12.5 m3 then 40m3 is a massive lorry!! I am more than happy to do a deal as I want to shift the pile.

I also don't want anyone unhappy with the quality and content of the load. I would rather just burn the whole lot than have the hassle of unhappy customers!! I am also prepared to let you use my teleporter to load it f.o.c. as well so I don't think I am ripping anyone off here!!

26 ton at £20 a ton is £520... doudt you'd get 20 ton in load so that woulda been £400 you can buy hardwood cord that'l go through a processor for £1300 a 26 ton load delivered... my lorry holds 65cubic yards which is 54m3...so you'd want £810 a load for blocks that have to be handled and put through a processor half of which is conifer... put the haulage of at least £300 on top of that and its £1100 load..... no offence but i'd stick with hardwood cord all in 3.4m lengths that'l go through processor for an extra £200... and i can buy 26 ton for not much more than your askin for 54m3.... your wood is ideal for someone who only has a splitter or only wants few ton delivered at time..

26 ton at £20 a ton is £520... doudt you'd get 20 ton in load so that woulda been £400 you can buy hardwood cord that'l go through a processor for £1300 a 26 ton load delivered... my lorry holds 65cubic yards which is 54m3...so you'd want £810 a load for blocks that have to be handled and put through a processor half of which is conifer... put the haulage of at least £300 on top of that and its £1100 load..... no offence but i'd stick with hardwood cord all in 3.4m lengths that'l go through processor for an extra £200... and i can buy 26 ton for not much more than your askin for 54m3.... your wood is ideal for someone who only has a splitter or only wants few ton delivered at time..

No, I agree, we are at each end of the scale, you can handle large lumps of timber and weight, my logpile is 3ft/4ft long pieces and smaller. Having found out the disparity between weights and volumes, I think it is better for me to sell it by the volume as that is simple to calculate the volume contained on the lorry, whereas the weight can only be accurately determined by putting it over a weighbridge on every trip.

I do want to get rid of the pile reasonably quickly, so a large bulk load is still an attractive proposition for me. If you want to make me an offer based upon what you feel is a reasonable deal, then just let me know.

Cheers

Steve