£160 for 10m3 Bulk Logs available

Chalgravesteve

Hi there...and yes I have spoken to Steve Bullman!!

I have an extensive log pile of mixed cut logs, softwood and hardwood all mixed up as I was never planning to get this volume or thinking about selling it on!!! There are large and small discs as well as lengths of trunks that are generally about 3ft - 4ft long.

I am based in Toddington, Bedfordshire, just off the M1 at Junction 12.

I have made arrangements with a local haulier and can arrange deliveries or I have no objection if you want to arrange your own haulage.

I delivered a 10m3 load to Watford last week, and the cost of the haulage was another £160 on top of the £160 price for the logs. That was a 29 mile one way trip. Obviously, if you are more local, the haulage price will be less.

The lorry will be filled to the brim, please see the pictures below of the load that went out last week.

If you want a better view of the logpile have a look at

Gallery scroll down past the wedding photos and the logpile is there to see.

Any questions just ask.

59765eef7133f_LorryLogsLoadedemail.jpg.880399ff168f3928858bd2801295cccf.jpg

59765eef6d5c1_LorryLogsemail.jpg.cf27b49cc370f7727da5928574750ed3.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, the mixed load I got was mostly hardwood, and although not ready for burning is reasonably well seasoned. Moisture content varies, obviously, but it's 25-30% for the most part, so in pretty good condition.

The wood I received is a mixture of 3-6" flat discs, and logs of c. 4-5" diameter. Perfect for my domestic needs. but anyone without a chainsaw and a splitter is going to have a major job on their hands.

Deliveries by the guy I have are pretty much restricted to local area. If he went to Huddersfield/Norfolk it would take him all day for one load! The cost of haulage for 10m3 would be prohibitive.

You might ask someone such as Nick Channer who has an artic as I understand, so the volume would be more realistic against the haulage costs. If you want more than 10m3, then I am prepapred to have a look at the price when you let me know what volume, but realistically it is not going to go down by much! I have priced it up to shift it quickly to reduce the pile significantly in a short time.

Thanks to longblackcoat for putting up the details. I obviously cannot guarantee what split of hardwood and softwood will be in each load, it is simply what comes off the pile next.