How many people use Aspen?

antipesto

Do you;  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you;

• Never use aspen
    • Always use aspen
    • Occasionally use aspen

If it helps, I will try and get the prices for the 5L cans of aspen 2 in the popular countries in Europe.

please note you cant compare the costs of Aspen at the pumps to what you have to pay for it in the can.

I can tell you that last time I used one of the Aspen filling stations to refill a couple of 25 litre Aspen 2T canisters, the price was 20 SEK/litre, which equals £1.85 at current rates, which includes 25% VAT (deductable).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps, I will try and get the prices for the 5L cans of aspen 2 in the popular countries in Europe.

please note you cant compare the costs of Aspen at the pumps to what you have to pay for it in the can.

I know that comparison isn't fair, but to be honest, I see no mileage in professional users buying 5L cans in the long run.

My reference to the swedish price is just to show everyone how low the price could be, if taxes were to be removed and delivery made cost-effective (pumping stations).

However, if 5L cans were my only choice, I'd still be using Aspen. I simply value my long term health too high not to.

Do you have any plans to supply Aspen in 25L canisters in the UK? I guess it could lower the cost a little.

• 1 month later...

Tried it in all my machines for a while but it worked out far too expensive. Price competition means I can't force customers to stump up for the extra expense. I just use it in hedge cutters now as that's where I get most exposure to fumes.

It was explained to me by an ASPEN sales person at SALTEX 2 years ago, it is produced from the product which you see as a flame being burnt at a refinery. If this is the case surely they should be paying ASPEN to take it away???

Well if you take it away as a gas and they don’t have to do anything with it then I suppose you have a case, however they do turn it into a liquid so they do have some work to do and deserve a reward for that.

What I can’t understand is how it can cost soooooo much more to make aspen than petroleum.

Well if you take it away as a gas and they don’t have to do anything with it then I suppose you have a case, however they do turn it into a liquid so they do have some work to do and deserve a reward for that.

What I can’t understand is how it can cost soooooo much more to make aspen than petroleum.

I would certainly like to sell it at a cheaper price, and a I suspect Aspen would too.

I think the difference from petrol is not only the extra process involved in the distillation, but also the packaging, transportation,storage and distribution which all add up.

Remember that the volume in the UK is still pretty low, maybe if volume increases the price will lower. The problem is increasing volume with the current price.