Costs.....???

cartman

Hi all,

Despite me putting a post on here requesting part time work to help fund my studies, and only getting 1 response, and this response advised me to get my cs30 and cs31 tickets,

i would like to know how much these cost and what is involved in these i.e what cuts will the assessor ask me to do etc

also if you can help me find a part time job please do pm me

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Despite me putting a post on here requesting part time work to help fund my studies, and only getting 1 response, and this response advised me to get my cs30 and cs31 tickets,

i would like to know how much these cost and what is involved in these i.e what cuts will the assessor ask me to do etc

also if you can help me find a part time job please do pm me

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

Sorry if I am misreading what you mean to say but it sounds as though you resent not being offered work which doesn't make you look good. I can't speak for the rest of the country but in my area at the moment, times are tough and the qualified guys are struggling to find work, let alone people who are after paid work experience. Again, apologies if I have misunderstood you.

:001_smile:

Sorry if I am misreading what you mean to say but it sounds as though you resent not being offered work which doesn't make you look good. I can't speak for the rest of the country but in my area at the moment, times are tough and the qualified guys are struggling to find work, let alone people who are after paid work experience. Again, apologies if I have misunderstood you.

Yes - no easy options anywhere, just need to dig in and get on with it. Knocking on doors is always a possible option though times are indeed hard - not like my haydays in the 80s - 65hr weeks - didn't have time to spend the cash I was making!

Hi there,

Thats not what it is i'm trying to say im sorry if this post read that way, i was just trying to get a rough price for the NPTC cs30 and cs 31, whilst saying i have been trying to find work,

Lots of people seem to think that students (like me) are scroungers and do nothing to try and find work but most of us do, but the problem is when you do try to find work you cant get any at all.

I realise things are tough for everyone, it is quite bad for students as well as like myself we try to stand on our own two feet to fund things such as the cs30 and 31, but people will not employ as you don't have them, this then puts us into a loop as we need some money in order to pay for the units, but cant get it, then we cant get the work because we cant afford the prices without a source of income.

sorry if i sound cocky or anything else

Thanks again

Back in April I paid £440 up here for CS30/31 training. The assessment for both came to £230. There's a rough guide to costs.

As to getting experience, I spent 3 months working for free up here.... and I'm 45.

I would suggest you put some smart..ish clothes on and go knocking on the lists you've been helped with above. Offer to work for free on days out of class, pay your tuition with a job at MaccyD's.

No one will help someone that doesn't show some gumption and determination. Show some spark doing the above and you have hope.

My tuppence.

Yes - no easy options anywhere, just need to dig in and get on with it. Knocking on doors is always a possible option though times are indeed hard - not like my haydays in the 80s - 65hr weeks - didn't have time to spend the cash I was making!

excuse me what do you think i have been doing sat on my arse doing nothing, i have references from previous people i have done work for, i work hard i don't go out and spend my money apart from food and fuel to get to uni to study something i want to do as a career.

i realise things are hard and i have been searching for work for months not minutes

not all students are the same going out and getting pissed etc, some of us work bloody hard to get a good job for life.