Mini Excavator advice

blades

I have quite a lot of landscaping to do around my land over the next couple of years and have considered investing in a mini excavtor..... been offered a Cat 301.6C at a very good price but just wondered if anyone had any experience of this particular machine? Also does anyone know if they hold their prices well?

I've attached a pic although the one I would be getting is new

Thanks in advance

Cat-3018.jpg.193575d88e04729d48ee22611b54b400.jpg

Edited by blades

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,v heard the new cats are rather good, I wouldn,t buy an excavator unless it had a proper glazed cab unless its occasional use. Most of the main minis manufacturers are pretty good and fairly indestructable,

I have a takeuchi tb016 and to be honest if you can find one at the right price it is probably the best around at the mo, very smooth controls expanding tracks and extra long dozer blade are very useful, but most importantly most hire/utility companies use them and as such parts are plentiful and easy to get hold of and resale value is excellant.

What price is it if you dont mind me asking and how many hours?

I,v heard the new cats are rather good, I wouldn,t buy an excavator unless it had a proper glazed cab unless its occasional use. Most of the main minis manufacturers are pretty good and fairly indestructable,

I have a takeuchi tb016 and to be honest if you can find one at the right price it is probably the best around at the mo, very smooth controls expanding tracks and extra long dozer blade are very useful, but most importantly most hire/utility companies use them and as such parts are plentiful and easy to get hold of and resale value is excellant.

What price is it if you dont mind me asking and how many hours?

Thanks for the info... PM'd you

Learning quickly here.... sadly the Cat digger is no longer viable as it doesn't have expanding tracks. I'm now considering a New Holland model E18SR in case anyone has any opinions?

Thanks in advance

E18SR.jpg.17f6e2ec10973098df25b35c7195a05e.jpg

Edited by blades

Brilliant little machine. Best hydraulics I've ever used. Seems reliable. Don't over look the Takeuchi or Doosan machines. All preference really. I'm not a fan of the little JCB,just my opinion. Take into consideration the availability of spares and service.

Kubota do it for me, they just seem to keep going. Takeuchi also seem good - most of the small one's we have hired in are Takeuchi machines. Not so keen on jcb or case minidiggers though :001_smile:

I have a kubota tractor and agree they are great.... sadly no kubota diggers available at the right price just now, I do have a New Holland/Kubota dealer very close to me and he know's I would have preffered a Kubota

This New Holland certainly seems to fit the bill.

Brilliant little machine. Best hydraulics I've ever used. Seems reliable. Don't over look the Takeuchi or Doosan machines. All preference really. I'm not a fan of the little JCB,just my opinion. Take into consideration the availability of spares and service.

Good to know... thanks for the advice