Opinion please

Jonesie

Hi all I'm thinking of making an area in the new shop for people to have a sit down and a drink either while shopping or waiting for a quick repair, hedge cutter sharpened etc... A pub bench with copy of arb mags.

Question is, if I put in a drinks machine with a choice of approx 10 different drinks would people be willing to pay 50p per drink or would they not bother.

Let me know your thoughts as it's a big outlay but if people want it I'll put it in. You never know it might become a meeting place for people, I have no problem with people just popping in to grab a cup for a break.

KLIXOutlookMachineMain2.jpg.2f94b09008d8926972240ea65253e84f.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50p is not bad mate i think that if someone poped in for a quick repair on warrenty or not or say a chain sharpen you could throw them a quick cupper in for free think its a good idea as what else to do than stand about waiting for say a repair being bored or sit down have a cuppa and mabey take a qick look at some stuff coming out soon mite even get a few pre orders

Just buy a fridge and stock it with cans or bottles of soft drink for the summer 60p a throw, if that works out then in the winter buy the plastic cups with the hot chocolate already in it and have a kettle or water boiler. those machines are a pita and expensive this way there is very little out lay and no commitment.

Just buy a fridge and stock it with cans or bottles of soft drink for the summer 60p a throw, if that works out then in the winter buy the plastic cups with the hot chocolate already in it and have a kettle or water boiler. those machines are a pita and expensive this way there is very little out lay and no commitment.

Was going to say the same, big urn and a fridge for soft drinks, I know it might not look as tidy as one machine but.

Depends on what you're looking to achieve. If it's going to be expensive I'd go down the route of a big urn and self service and just have it as a freebie... there's something more friendly about an urn and also you have more control of strength of coffee!

This would also help generate more of a 'pop in' for a cuppa type feeling.

Have a £1 penalty box for those caught spilling things and not clearing up properly after themselves. That could help fund it!