Where's the best place to try climbing kit before you buy in the SW?

dale@coastal

Sorbus-International in Frome are probably the closest supplier to you with a good selection of kit.

Maybe get on a course first so you know what you need and more importantly how to use it properly, or see if you can find someone to take you for a climb before you spend lots on kit and find you dont actually like climbing!

Thanks for the advice - I'm booked on a course in a few weeks and want to have my own kit to use if possible. I've done some other climbing in the past so know what I'm letting myself in for, but appreciate it isn't for everyone. In particular, I'm 6'4" and over 16 stone so want to make sure that the harness is comfortable (not being built like your average tree monkey).

Do you know how Sorbus and Honey's compare in terms of their ranges?

Cheers

Dale

Being an informed consumer for your industry is very commendable. Make sure that what ever you secure your completely happy with. A week or Two ago a young girl had purchased a load of kit that was suggested by her instructor and I guess was more advanced for her use and knowledge. Perhaps it was a poor investment and the instructor should have left the suggestions of what to buy for the suppliers?. In any event ask the suppliers for their customers opinions as well, I am sure they will be all to willing to provide references of their better customers. All the best.

easy-lift guy

i m probably going to hire the IPAF harness kit rather then buy it! Thanks though Panther

Being an informed consumer for your industry is very commendable. Make sure that what ever you secure your completely happy with. A week or Two ago a young girl had purchased a load of kit that was suggested by her instructor and I guess was more advanced for her use and knowledge. Perhaps it was a poor investment and the instructor should have left the suggestions of what to buy for the suppliers?. In any event ask the suppliers for their customers opinions as well, I am sure they will be all to willing to provide references of their better customers. All the best.

easy-lift guy