Greenmech are definitely the best!

monkeybusiness

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the disk cutters because they blunt easy and start shredding instead of chipping after a day or 2 use.

The spouts clog more than any other chipper i have ever used.

The feed rollers just dont seem to have the pulling power or grip of many other makes.

The parts wear or break faster than other makes.

I just dont like them as much as say timberwolf or jensen to name a couple but i will use them if thats whats on the job. Generally i will just drag branches to the chipper for someone else to swear at it every 2 minutes.

I dont like the disk cutters because they blunt easy and start shredding instead of chipping after a day or 2 use.

The spouts clog more than any other chipper i have ever used.

The feed rollers just dont seem to have the pulling power or grip of many other makes.

The parts wear or break faster than other makes.

I just dont like them as much as say timberwolf or jensen to name a couple but i will use them if thats whats on the job. Generally i will just drag branches to the chipper for someone else to swear at it every 2 minutes.

Strange, what you been chipping ?concrete? i find the disk blades last for ages compared to normal ones and will take far more abuse. I have only blocked the shute twice in 3 years on my 220 and that was with wet conny. As for the parts wearing or breaking faster, well i have only put a bottom roller on mine in 3 years of use, had no problems so its probably down to user abuse as with most things.

I rate greenmech above both the 2 orange makes and is just as good ad other makes.

It sounds like you've been using a blunt machine if you've experienced all of those problems. I like the disk blades personally, and find they last longer than straight blades before they need turning/replacing.

The only time we had any blockage issues was when a baffle was damaged at the bottom of the chute and oversized chip was getting out of the chipping chamber - once that was rectified the problem stopped.

I love the letterbox feed - the tw190 is a good machine but you have to do a lot more snedding than with a GM.

The 6 inch TW and Jensens are horrible to use after you've fed an equivalent GM - the hoppers and feed rollers are tiny in comparison.

In fairness to TW, I think their stress control is the best on the market, but you can adjust it on the GM if you speak to the right people and set it up the same way.

It is quite unbelievable that 'the UK's most popular chipper' has bearings that can't be greased and fail every couple of hundred hours - how this design fault got through (and continues to be produced AND people continue to buy them) is beyond me. You can grease everything that moves on the GM - if you aren't lazy with your maintenance then nothing should wear out/break.

The Jensens are overpriced and have some very poor design features IMO (feed control/shute adjuster/stress control unit/cable tensioner on top feed roller are all points of weakness). Pound for pound I feel they offer poor value for money, as do the Scheislings (or however you spell it).

There are some good American machines but they are MASSIVE and heavy. The only time I saw a small Bandit working was at the APF a few years ago and it couldn't even feed itself (and this was on their demo stand...).

Don't even get me started on tracked machines - there really is nothing else that comes close to a Safetrak.

"There are some good American machines but they are MASSIVE and heavy. The only time I saw a small Bandit working was at the APF a few years ago and it couldn't even feed itself (and this was on their demo stand...)."

I don't get what you mean, the Bandit can't feed itself, what with a grab? Or like most other machines it takes human power to feed the machine?

I have a TW, I have used Bandits, Jensons, Schliesing, Gravelys, Landforce, Vermeer, TP and Dosco amongst others and I wouldn't put Greenmech at the top of my list.

IMO.