MS441 or MS460?

Tyz05

Pros and cons? Any info from operators.I know these saws have been talked about before but as times gone on has anyone got problems to report? Is the ms441 more user friendly? Is the ms460 a stronger saw? Does the ms441 M-tronic perform any different? Not after husqvarna comparisons, thats a different subject.Thanks

I have a 441 not m tronic but still a good saw. It's been reliable hope am not speaking to soon as there has been few users having problems with the chain brake handle.

Plenty of poke well balanced, I run a 16" and 20" bar and as said its been fine.

If am honest wish I had bought a 460 and maybe still would, have used the both saws and there's not that much between them imo.

I bought my saw new in January.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Pros and cons? Any info from operators.I know these saws have been talked about before but as times gone on has anyone got problems to report? Is the ms441 more user friendly? Is the ms460 a stronger saw? Does the ms441 M-tronic perform any different? Not after husqvarna comparisons, thats a different subject.Thanks

Bought a 460 in the springtime this year after looking at a few reviews on line and discussions on arbtalk. Again it was between the 441 and the 460. I guess as the 460 was a more tried and tested saw and appeared simpler with out the high tech electrics I went for the 460. Work with a guy who has the 441. Still glad I got the 460. Words like solid, reliable and powerful spring to mine. I,ve a 20" bar on it and it's fast and punchy and accelerates through timber:thumbup1:

both great saws, 441 has better anti vibes and a more modern saw, chainbrake stiffness seems common, 46 is a cracking saw, has a raw power. both great on 18-25inch bars depending on wood. my old 046 siezed (had a lot of use) gave it to burrell_ off here who rebuilt it and now i think he struggles to choose between his newish 441 and the old 046. think they're too close to decide between, but 46 would be my prefrence

i like my 441 its still the saw i always pick up if im doing small jobs

josh hit the nail in the head if u want les vibs go for a 441 if u want raw old school power 046

if im cutting 16inch + i would pick the 46 up:thumbup:

its still making me money bud :thumbup::thumbup: using it today on a cherry

I listed all the vib & other data before buying my 460, all I can say is the vibs are alot lower than expected, real beast but very controllable to use. I did wonder if the 460 was a bit 'old school' but it's been constantly upgraded, so it feels like a new saw, with good product support.

To me a 460 is the standard that all other big saws are measured against & when you are putting your own money down you want to play safe its a 460 for me:thumbup1: