£3000 budget what would you buy???

brothergrim

myself i would look for a isuzu rodeo, father in law had one before his current one and even though had done a fair few miles it was still like new when it got sold, was tempted but would mean another lot of insurance and tax.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 02 plate ranger day cab cost exactly 3000 quid, and its been great. It'll always get 25 - 30mpg empty or lightly loaded. If I use a motorway it''l do slightly more. Its not been bad on servicing, either. My only nag is it has a slight leak on the radiator, but water is cheap, and the passenger door lock sometimes jams. I'll get it fixed one day.

Another thing. Once you've got more money, replace that speed merchant bike with a royal enfield fury. They look a lot of fun for 50 - 60 mph, rather than worrying about getting nicked all the time for going too fast :) I was only doing 90, Ocifer

yeah just checked their website out no 4x4's at the minute, like the rodeos but i can't find any under 4000 decent, i could probs stretch to 3,300 so ill keep my eye s open, and a royal enfield fury lol they sound beautiful as my dad would say but nothing will beat a screaming 600!! hate talking about bikes cos i bloody love mine but three kids, wife and morgage change priorities, but stil carnt beat abit of knee down fun!

when i was last in there the other week booking my l200 in for servicing they had an arb spec tipper in the yard, sometimes not all the stock is on the website. I've had a few vans from him now and service from them is impeccable. Call in at the yard and let them know what you are looking for and your budget.

if looking at a hilux stay away from the 2.4td, not as good as the d4d or the na 2.4, i have one and there not a great engine! here 85 euro fills the tank at roughly 1.40 a litre and i get 350 to 450 to the tank depending on conditions... l200 watch the pulley problems but a nicer truck inside, the rangers arent bad to drive either