Bulk Logs

Chalgravesteve

Hi All.

This is my first post on here, having browsed through the forum.

I have a very large pile of logs....call it 100 tonnes + probably more. It is a variety of woods. I have seen various posts that say that those of you who turn logs into firewood end up in short supply.

I have a large supply and I can probably arrange for haulage in loads of 20/25 tonne. I don't yet have a price for that, but it will of course depend upon the distance involved.

Another option would be for self collection.

I would be looking to set up an arangement with a number of reliable people for the bulk supply of logs at a very competitive price so that we can significantly reduce the pile.

I am located just off the M1 at Junction 12, so very accessible. If anyone is interested, I would be pleased to hear from you.

Hi

I have had a couple of messages about the pile. Hopefully, if I have worked out the site correctly, a picture of the pile will now be my avatar, and there are a couple more pictures on

Gallery

Scroll down past the wedding photos!!

I have also had a quote of £80 + VAT for the haulage using a grab lorry which they tell me will hold approx 16 tonnes. That price is based upon a local destination say within 20 miles of Junction 12 M1 in Bedfordshire. They will be happy to quote for other locations.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone on this one.

The tree surgeon who brings the logs in says it is 50/50 softwood hardwood.

I am prepared to sell in bulk loads at £20 tonne.

I have local haulage firm who will collect with an 8 wheel grab lorry which will hold, they say, 16 tonnes. Delivery within 25 miles of Junction12 M1 (Toddington, Beds) will be approx £80+VAT using them.

5 or more loads will be discounted by a further 10%.

I am happy to allow own haulage and I am looking to establish a few regular contacts so that once the bulk of this pile is down it can be kept down in the future.

Regards

Steve

Just to update everyone on this one.

The tree surgeon who brings the logs in says it is 50/50 softwood hardwood.

I am prepared to sell in bulk loads at £20 tonne.

I have local haulage firm who will collect with an 8 wheel grab lorry which will hold, they say, 16 tonnes. Delivery within 25 miles of Junction12 M1 (Toddington, Beds) will be approx £80+VAT using them.

5 or more loads will be discounted by a further 10%.

I am happy to allow own haulage and I am looking to establish a few regular contacts so that once the bulk of this pile is down it can be kept down in the future.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Might be an idea to add a second haulage rate for 50 miles as 25 miles is maybe restricting likely customers.

A

A