France calling...

Best luck!

Not many trees above the snow line...

I guess you are a snow sports enthusiast?

Its not a ex-pat rich area and unless you speak French you will have to kiss any ideas of working for a French owned tree firm goodbye.

Try the 'Page Jaune' yellow pages.

Regards

Ty

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour from the South West (47)

I run a mobile sawmill and firewood business down here. I leave the aerial work to those that want it. I can offer advice on registering trailers (patience required in spades). Its a good life in a nice area .....simples; Rob

No pertaining to H+S, no LOLA, no conservation or tree protection shoite.

However...

If I want to employ some-one I must pay the state 90% of the employees salary in charges so with other hidden stuff that pops its head up now and then, accounting fees, kit, breakages, bosses time off due to stress, payment to employee when you want to curtail a contract you can budget for 25euros per hour per employee.

So one man must be charged out at 200euros per day or around £170.

I get around this by employing other self employed lads from 100-150euros per day.

They supply their kit but I supply lunch and saws etc.

100 for a rake technician cum branch dragger 150 for a competent saw man 200-300 for a climber.

Saturday today and I must drag my aching body out to grind stumps to boost my xmas fund...

Ty

Im just going on with what my son in law has said compared to the uk rules and regs.

Thats why he likes it plus its better weather most of the time.

Hi

I agree, less rules and regs which dont seem to be enforced with the same vigour as in Angleterre.

Et tres beau temps!

N

No pertaining to H+S, no LOLA, no conservation or tree protection shoite.

However...

If I want to employ some-one I must pay the state 90% of the employees salary in charges so with other hidden stuff that pops its head up now and then, accounting fees, kit, breakages, bosses time off due to stress, payment to employee when you want to curtail a contract you can budget for 25euros per hour per employee.

So one man must be charged out at 200euros per day or around £170.

I get around this by employing other self employed lads from 100-150euros per day.

They supply their kit but I supply lunch and saws etc.

100 for a rake technician cum branch dragger 150 for a competent saw man 200-300 for a climber.

Saturday today and I must drag my aching body out to grind stumps to boost my xmas fund...

Ty

You said it, do you find your customer base to be mostley ex pats or french? I have found the french, or parisian to be more exact, to be more inclined to offer work. One of my regular clients owns a timber wholsale bussiness, and is reasured to see me wearing ppe, as the local boys wont. it just looks professional..... if nothing else!