France calling...

Ah HA!

My associate Seb called up a guy in our town advertising on Le Bon Coin who

proposes Services Elagage but payment by CESU (cheque emploi service universal)

Basically, any-one paying for services such as baby sitting, grass cutting and cleaning can claim 50% tax credit back from the government.

It is strictly not to be used for anything else, after all, why would the government want to pay for peoples tree work? :confused1:

Its a system designed to get people off the black and into paying their way.

Frankly its just being abused down the line by all and sundry.

Anyway...

This fellow is retired, owns 2 saws and used to work for the city of Rennes.

Moves at a snails pace and has no chipper, trailer OR... insurance.:thumbdown:

And yet...he does affect our local market by pinching all the profitable small jobs and forcing us to travel further.

Oh...ignore me tonight, I'm just over tired...:blushing:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah HA!

My associate Seb called up a guy in our town advertising on Le Bon Coin who

proposes Services Elagage but payment by CESU (cheque emploi service universal)

Basically, any-one paying for services such as baby sitting, grass cutting and cleaning can claim 50% tax credit back from the government.

It is strictly not to be used for anything else, after all, why would the government want to pay for peoples tree work? :confused1:

Its a system designed to get people off the black and into paying their way.

Frankly its just being abused down the line by all and sundry.

Anyway...

This fellow is retired, owns 2 saws and used to work for the city of Rennes.

Moves at a snails pace and has no chipper, trailer OR... insurance.:thumbdown:

And yet...he does affect our local market by pinching all the profitable small jobs and forcing us to travel further.

Oh...ignore me tonight, I'm just over tired...:blushing:

Time you got that Greenmech then ,let's see him compete then, seriously though here or outre-manche you're always going to lose some little stuff to the one man band working for beer money.:thumbup:

Good cos i will defend him to the death, kidding!

I know what you mean but its good to have something writen in french to show he brits that think we are all on the make. Not that i like working for ex pats, we are all wierdos!

Another thing I thought of, if I am reducing a hedge with the chipper and truck my charges are the same as climbing a big tree, my costs are the same so why charge less? (really hairy trees are different of course)

Have a good weekend,:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I can't tell you if your certificate is recognised in France but the examining authority would be able to tell you.

We can hire Mewps without a certificate (well we never get asked...)

Stumpy,

Today I bit the bullet and signed for a new Quad Chip from our local dealer.

I had to go and have 4 sugars in my tea after but at least the deal is done.

I'm glad I've done it and the dealer is a top notch fellow who is reputed for his good business.

We take delivery in a week or so.

Still, tomorrows job is a wee chipper affair as its just the best tool for the job.

Ty (4 sugars)

QuadChip-Web-1.jpg.b4e090792be239a6b3a87402910b0827.jpg

Hello,

I can't tell you if your certificate is recognised in France but the examining authority would be able to tell you.

We can hire Mewps without a certificate (well we never get asked...)

Stumpy,

Today I bit the bullet and signed for a new Quad Chip from our local dealer.

I had to go and have 4 sugars in my tea after but at least the deal is done.

I'm glad I've done it and the dealer is a top notch fellow who is reputed for his good business.

We take delivery in a week or so.

Still, tomorrows job is a wee chipper affair as its just the best tool for the job.

Ty (4 sugars)

green with envy.

i spoke to greenmech france and i now have the C of C for the EC150. hopefully the prefecture will except the original and not an e mailed copy. Still not sure if i will have to get a carte gris.

Watch this space to see if i can prode through the mine field.

Chap,

We recently imported a trailer that did not have a C of C.

So we made one!

Quite official looking and printed it up on the companies headed paper (kindly supplied) with all relevant info.

PLUS we had to supply ALL the C of C's for ALL the parts from the tow hitch to the tyres and the air they contained.

THEN we had to make up and install cycle bars even though they where not at

all necessary but just down to the bloody minded official.

Also added reflectors.

We had a thick dossier and a 6 month wait before FINALLY receiving our plates.

Thing is, on some older models of trailers the tow hitch is not the correct distance from the trailer body and that seems to be a real issue for some reason.

I hope you get your machine registered and it all goes smoothly for you.

As we regularly use the Rennes ring road and work in and around town the chances of a shunt or a police check are really far higher than in the sticks so we felt it important to tow a legal machine rather than risk the possible legal ramifications should there be any issues.

I've woken this morning feeling great.

Normally I suffer an anxiety attack when spending large amounts of money but this has actually taken alot of worry away HURRAH!

Next week, I fly to Rabat in Morocco to get married, not thats another paperwork struggle...

Cheers

Ty

Chap,

We recently imported a trailer that did not have a C of C.

So we made one!

Quite official looking and printed it up on the companies headed paper (kindly supplied) with all relevant info.

PLUS we had to supply ALL the C of C's for ALL the parts from the tow hitch to the tyres and the air they contained.

THEN we had to make up and install cycle bars even though they where not at

all necessary but just down to the bloody minded official.

Also added reflectors.

We had a thick dossier and a 6 month wait before FINALLY receiving our plates.

Thing is, on some older models of trailers the tow hitch is not the correct distance from the trailer body and that seems to be a real issue for some reason.

I hope you get your machine registered and it all goes smoothly for you.

As we regularly use the Rennes ring road and work in and around town the chances of a shunt or a police check are really far higher than in the sticks so we felt it important to tow a legal machine rather than risk the possible legal ramifications should there be any issues.

I've woken this morning feeling great.

Normally I suffer an anxiety attack when spending large amounts of money but this has actually taken alot of worry away HURRAH!

Next week, I fly to Rabat in Morocco to get married, not thats another paperwork struggle...

Cheers

Ty

Good luck with the wedding Ty, congratulations in advance mate.

I'm flying to Toulouse tomorrow, I'll flush the bog over Normandy!

Ah, cheers for that Mark!

Its an amazing sight flying down the coast of France then across central Spain.

I'm good with maps and love to read them so to see so much from the air is better than a cinema blockbuster to me.

It is a mere 39c in Rabat...no chance of wearing chainsaw pants EVER!

Ty

p.s, I'm listening to the news on radio 2, the weather in the U.K is terrible but here near Rennes we are basking...just basking.