France calling...

Hello,

We've got approx 50-50 split between Frogs and Roast Beefs.

The Ex-pats all seem a good drive away but the natives all mostly local.

I always demand that every-one sports good condition PPE (no tears in trousers and washed regularly) and when possible one of our orange T'shirts with a our brand upon it.

However our in house arb expert, a former and retired London Borough tree officer insists on sporting a green felt flat cap and an assortment of old jackets when visiting clients which that makes him look like an old lag released after serving 30years for burglary:blushing:

He talks the talk but I do worry he will frighten people especially when he is 'between beards'...:001_tongue:

Ty

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most ex-pats in my area look like they have done a stretch, or are avoiding one by hiding in manche!

Did you have ant problems when you registered? I had to go to the department of work, and sit infront of a pannel of 6 officials and justify my wanting to be a forestry worker in france, my 15 years of experience, College certificates and ability to work sober didn't impress! this was after I had paid my cottistation, so when I was told 3 months later that I couldn't work in the industry, I asked for my dosh back. Later that week i had a phone call to say carry on working. c'est la vie. Not had any bother since.:001_rolleyes:

Huh, the M.S.A who are the government body land based workers pay their 'taxes' to are well under financed.

M.S.A are responsible for tax gathering, health care and pensions for farmers.

Too many retirees and too few paying workers.

They have no specific catagory for arborists...

Landscapers yes, Lumberjacks yes but arborists...no.

They actually inspect new startups to see how serious you are.

If they decide you don't cut the mustard and are not likely to pay enough into the system they will try to oppose your business and put obstacles in your way.

I have been wrestling with them for 2 years now and it seems that they will only take me seriously once I am a limited company.

To start up all did was register at the Chamber of commerce.

To be a tree surgeon you don't need to prove any qualifications or experience to any-one.

However, if you approach the Chamber of Trades or go via an accountant first then you may be put through a merry go round of non-sense and find your self being pushed from one office to another.

Getting taken seriously as a micro entreprise is difficult.

Ty

I have a fair few Jersey clients on my books and am often over for a decent pint and to re-stock on dairy milk and ginger biscuits.

I should call in one day and deprive you of milk 3 sugars:biggrin::biggrin:

You should call me any time when your over...do you know jonno?