France calling...

Hey, all you Ex-pats over La Manche.

How many of us are there?

I know of 7 teams in Brittany alone (registered busineses)

Breton Boy is one on this forum, hello friend!:001_tt2:

Lets do a search and rake in the others.

I've read the 'Connexion' newspaper and cab see others out there down south and I know of at least one in Normandy.

Get in touch guys!:thumbup:

Ty

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour mate

There are about 7 of us in the poitou charente and haute vienne area

Me Darren Shepherd - vienne tree services

graeme gibson - gibson services

mick dempsey (stumpgrinder) - Dempsey tree surgery

Darren Edwards - Darren Edwards tree surgery

Vernon Pawson - cross cut trees

richard forster -

james coleville - nature sur mesure

These are a few of us that are registered, plenty of gardeners with 5meter ladders and a B & Q chainsaw though.

There are more and i apologise if i have left you out, its late.

Caatch ya later

Shep

My father lives not far from Civray. Should you ever need somewhere to offload arb waste, he would be delighted to take any and all timber. A cheeky ask, I do realise, but I don't know what the situation for firewood is like over there!

Jonathan

I am 10km from Civray, most clients keep the wood for burning. i get the odd bit of pine but nobody wants it so that goes to the dump or the bigger bits go on the alaskan.

It works out better if they keep the wood. i consider working an hour from home as local so if the client wants the chip and wood taking away it becomes a drama.

You will have to pm me his details and say hello on a visit.

Darren

Bonjour tous,

i ponderd the move about 5 years ago and was house hunting in the poitou charente area. Gave up when it got too expensive (barns wth 1/4acre were about E100k). always wonder what if. Probably wont happen till i retire :001_huh:

Id love to know how you are fairing for work and fitting in with the local arbs where you are. Living the dream still?:lollypop:

Hello,

If any Arbs are intending to make the move then I would be happy to offer help and advice on the setting up and registration of an arb business here in France.

One question for you guys, how have you managed registering your road tow chippers? :confused1:

I've delayed the purchase of one until 2012 when the new Europe wide regs come into force.

Until then I've chosen to run a CS100 wee chipper and burn alot which is illegal in the summer here.

Although I could get round it all with a tracked chipper on a French spec Ifor Williams but thats alot of investment.

Cheers

Ty

http://www.lejardinieranglais.com

These are a few of us that are registered, plenty of gardeners with 5meter ladders and a B & Q chainsaw though.

Shep

Yes, we call them 'Dave Dix Euros' or 'Ten euro Dave':sneaky2:

I get expats telling me that my rates are outrageous.:confused1:

Yet, I'm about the same as a U.K based business.

The French say we are good value though!:thumbup1:

Regards

Ty

Hello,

If any Arbs are intending to make the move then I would be happy to offer help and advice on the setting up and registration of an arb business here in France.

Cheers

Ty

http://www.lejardinieranglais.com

thats awful kind of you mr. not sure it will happen as we've just bought a new place. just tucking into some walnuts my neighbour has given me from her son's place in france:drool:

One question for you guys, how have you managed registering your road tow chippers? :confused1:

I've delayed the purchase of one until 2012 when the new Europe wide regs come into force.

Until then I've chosen to run a CS100 wee chipper and burn alot which is illegal in the summer here.

Although I could get round it all with a tracked chipper on a French spec Ifor Williams but thats alot of investment.

Cheers

Ty

I have a UK LDV French registered and tow an old Graveley around. It weighs 748 Kg so as far as i'm aware it doesn't need a ct or registering. I also still have my UK licence.

As far as i'm aware i'm all legal.:confused1: