Are Stovax Woodburners a load of rubbish?

We have sold a number of Stovax stoves over the years with minimal complaints from customers - indeed many customers have been very complimentary about them. There are now at least 8 different brands under the Stovax umbrella so there is literally something for all needs, boiler stoves, traditional style, contemporary style and low to high heat output (then we have gas and electric). I am not sure I would class Stovax as a budget brand - I would suggest pricing is mid to higher depending on the individual brand.

Have a stovax stockton 5 midline fitted with smoke control kit, plenty of heat, no problems lighting it what so ever! Burns mega clean to the point it leaves practically no ash, takes ages for me to get a bed of ash built up at start of cold season.
My only criticism on the stove is that when you fully shut it down (close all vents) the stove still draws that little bit too much air (in my opinion) thats the smoke control kit not allowing you to shut it fully down tho, not a fault of stovax’s original stove design. If you could just get the air intake down slightly then you would get more burn time from your logs, which would make YOUR (the human) efficiency better, in the fact that you would use less wood. But for the STOVE to be at its peak efficiency for emissions then it requires that bit extra air intake, otherwise it would produce more smoke.
Same principals of an engine, not enough air and too much fuel = plenty of smoke out your pipe. Good amount of air plus good amount of fuel = nice clean pipe with no smoke [emoji108]
I find that people not understanding this concept and how the control of emissions through the stove works often ends up with them blaming the brand, in this case Stovax.
In short tho, i rate stovax and are a well known long established brand! [emoji106]

@ratman Stovax have been around for a long time and seem to know their target market very well. In the past they have perhaps been best known for their more "traditional" style stoves but now they also incorporate a number of contemporary designs. Maybe not as "in your face" as some brands but dependable stoves and fairly priced.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We have a large isolated but insulated farmhouse in the Welsh Boarders. We heat it with a Stovax Stockton 14 HP stove feeding a thermal store, supported by solar panels for summer hot water. It produces 15kw in to the water and 7 into the room, it runs continuously from August and we dry our clothes, heat or water and the house. It was around £2000 including a thermostat, although I suspect that they have gone up since then. 

We have been delighted with the stove and have no complaints at all. It has been in for 5 years and this year we are replacing the baffle at around £80. Works well for us, takes logs up to 28 inch. I am a firewood merchant so we burn the crap that we would not sell to others and the best stuff that others would not want to pay for, so best of both worlds. Good Luck

• Like 1