TPO & Conservation Area Applications

planningportal

Hi,

We are currently trying to encourage a greater use of our online application service on the Planning Portal (Planning Portal - The UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource). Its free to use, available 24/7/365, saves on paper, ink, postage etc etc.

We are working on away of submitting a tree application from your iphone or android phone - would this be of use to you?

If you want to find out more please replay to this post or e-mail me direct on [email protected] or 07990 551807.

Ashley

Ashley

We already apply electronically through the email link as per PP to the LA / councils.

It is cheap effective & there is a definate date of send

if sent through Outlook express or other to the email provided address

My grumble .... Tree work notices

Where deadlines are set, as with Conservation notifications I believe the applicant is entitled to have a positve email read reciept.

Which are not always answered despite requesting such confirmation

perhaps this is as some LA's do defer registration of the notice of works as in their view the timeframes only commence once this notice is verified as complete.

dispite the fact that if correct the notice is in fact complete on their receipt , therefore the applicant is somewhat misled as to expiry of notice ie 6 weeks from notification of intent sect 211 notice ,

this is perhaps due as not all planners understand the planning requirements as far as documentation needed & in truth this is true of applicants too

also the knowledge off strict timeframe(s) re notification & applcation process are permitted to run

Trees in relation to construction building application

In our experience not all planners understand the planning requirements as far as documentation needed when structures / built environment applications are made

the Bs5837 arboricultural report, method statement & Arboricultural implication assessment statements are often left out in the cold by many planners

but these should where applicable form part of the mandatory process

rgds Iain

Edited by Yorkshireman

The problem with the portal is you don't always need all the info that's on there and it won't let you skip that bit, it can be a pain! At least it was when I last used it.

They have fixed the bit where you had to pretend to be posting information that was not required..

A great help would be linking it to mapping software. Many councils have TPO information online, so it could be easier to link tree location rather then having to provide a map. I know you can purchace maps but that adds time and cost.

Dear Deer Man,

We have discovered that many LPA's have selected documents that are not usually required and these show as mandatory documents on the Planning Portal. We are working hard to identify these (we need your help) so that we can advise them to reduce the documents to only those required by statute and/or the tree officer.

In the mean time if you come across this problem we recomment that you upload a word document that meerly has the text 'this information is not required'. That is the simplest way to get past the requirement to upload all documents.

Feel free to e-mail or call direct if you have any problems.

Thanks

Ashley

Ashley

We already apply electronically through the email link as per PP to the LA / councils.

It is cheap effective & there is a definate date of send

if sent through Outlook express or other to the email provided address

My grumble .... Tree work notices

Where deadlines are set, as with Conservation notifications I believe the applicant is entitled to have a positve email read reciept.

Which are not always answered despite requesting such confirmation

perhaps this is as some LA's do defer registration of the notice of works as in their view the timeframes only commence once this notice is verified as complete.

dispite the fact that if correct the notice is in fact complete on their receipt , therefore the applicant is somewhat misled as to expiry of notice ie 6 weeks from notification of intent sect 211 notice ,

this is perhaps due as not all planners understand the planning requirements as far as documentation needed & in truth this is true of applicants too

also the knowledge off strict timeframe(s) re notification & applcation process are permitted to run

Trees in relation to construction building application

In our experience not all planners understand the planning requirements as far as documentation needed when structures / built environment applications are made

the Bs5837 arboricultural report, method statement & Arboricultural implication assessment statements are often left out in the cold by many planners

but these should where applicable form part of the mandatory process

rgds Iain

Ian,

If you apply through the Planning Portal and submit all information required to make the notice valid, then as soon as it is downloaded by the LPA we send you a receipt email. If they have not asked you for any other information after this then they can not change the date of receipt and so you will be fully aware of when the notice period has expired and so works can commence!

Other benefits of using the Portal are that all applications are saved on your account. You can use these as templates and copy the aplpication saving time in completing later applications. Clients that return to you every five years or some may require identical work to identical trees making the copy facility very useful.

I will pass on your comments about building work applications and Planners failure to understand the BS requirements to my colleagues in the Department For Communities and Local Government

I hope that has helped in someway. If I can assist with more information on the Application Service please let me know.

Thanks

Ashley

They have fixed the bit where you had to pretend to be posting information that was not required..

A great help would be linking it to mapping software. Many councils have TPO information online, so it could be easier to link tree location rather then having to provide a map. I know you can purchace maps but that adds time and cost.

There are many possiblities of adding linking information which we would love to incorporate into the service but at this time budgets are very restricted and some of these ideas may have to wait until things improve on that front.

Ashley

Ian,

If you apply through the Planning Portal and submit all information required to make the notice valid, then as soon as it is downloaded by the LPA we send you a receipt email. If they have not asked you for any other information after this then they can not change the date of receipt and so you will be fully aware of when the notice period has expired and so works can commence!

Other benefits of using the Portal are that all applications are saved on your account. You can use these as templates and copy the aplpication saving time in completing later applications. Clients that return to you every five years or some may require identical work to identical trees making the copy facility very useful.

I will pass on your comments about building work applications and Planners failure to understand the BS requirements to my colleagues in the Department For Communities and Local Government

I hope that has helped in someway. If I can assist with more information on the Application Service please let me know.

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Ashley

the receipt is vital in any date deadline senerio,

though Outlook express does give the same option & I take on board your comment re requests for further info from planners however there are no timeframe I am aware of to allow for this

its either valid or not .. though some kinder officers may ask for ommited details , they are not obliged to do so

My point is 'if' when sent IT is valid then the clock runs from that date,,

NOT a date when an over strectched admin assistant can get around to logging it on the system.

As for recorded details ,, a very true statement though if working on a default document & unique file saved for each cleint then again this can be done in house & to my mind is more accessable than PP

I thankyou for your action re 5837

I have recently been involved in a planning notice that involves & impacts on a number of mature preserved trees, yet the buliding application was registered by the planning debt & put before committee without any 5837 MS or AIA

rgds Iain

Edited by Yorkshireman