Bandit 65

Mangoes

Noticed that the Brits favour Timberwolf and Schliesing (sp) chippers which is different, but cultures generally are. But then I noticed in another thread some discussion with some of those manufacturers having bearingns and other wear components wear out quite quickly. And it caused me to ponder, what is the status of Bandit and Morbark over there as they both make compact chippers suitable to the uk market. As well my 65 has about 800hrs on it and I've had no issues (outside of some employees improperly seating the airfilter and causing some engine issues). I spend money on Fuel, knives, oil and grease, as well as a bit on light bulbs. Those are the only components some of which are due to routine maintenance intervals, that I've spent money on.

Anything mechanical can fail. Not many guys in this country get the small American machines, the tend to look at what support is available locally. GreenMech, Timberwolf and a couple of European machines are favourite. Our transport and driving licence laws prevail followed by trade in values etc.

We speak the same lingo but to be honest Mangoes we're worlds apart, if we Brits thought like you Americans we'd be driving mini dodge rams and F150's etc..

We Europeans buy with our eyes first, look how sleek a European chipper is compared to an American chipper..

You guys from what I read don't go much on COE trucks and preffer a big hood, I can't put my finger on the reasons why we are so different, but we are.

I agree with Pete , we also tend to buy whats more locally available, but saying that i'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with service or warrenty if you bought a Bandit, we see a few Vermeers about but not many, and Vermeer even brought out a 6'' model for the European market only..

Hi Kevin,

european chippers tend to be a lot more sophisticated than their US counterparts. If you were to compare a 6" schliesing to your 65 bandit, the german built chipper would out perform it in every way. the down side is cost. what you pay over here for a 6" euro machine would buy you an 80hp 12" machine stateside.