New chipper which one

VEG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the 65XP like you dean couldn,t pay out for the 75 but would be interested in any feed back on the 75xp (test days and the rest)

tom

We had the Bandit 75 out on test and put it against our Vermeer Bc200 which has less power. I have to say i wasnt that impressed in the machines material handling in comparison to my machine. Its not a bad machine at all, well built (heavy!), access to all components etc etc but next to ours it would of been a down grade. Next to a 6 inch machine, it would be amazing! I am not sure if they need a little more mass in the fly wheel to make the most of the 45hp turbo engine.

comes with its own pokey stick too!!!!

yes i know they have been around alot longer but i have only ever seen a tw150 break down when someone put a metal bar though one!!! i have used greenmech vermeer jenson/wessex and was on the demo with theocus wiv the bandit and i know if it was my money i was spending i know which way i would go. i also know VEG and the 150 would be more than enough for what they will be doing. by the way VEG can you get me some of your pulleys?

Put a quadchip through its paces Tuesday this week, was very impressed with it.

Far better than the tw150 which was being serviced.

Also the one we tried was one of the first ones made and had stood the test of time well

the letter box opening is awesome.

Thanks Andy

Thanks all for the replies. I think we are going for the greenmech so will let you know how we get on. Them pulleys are just soooo shiney just couldnt resist (but I know better now lol)

Screwie just for you mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulley-Wheel-Clothes-Airer-Washing-Line-Accessory-/230669731543?pt=UK_Laundry&hash=item35b4fcc6d7#ht_500wt_1363

Edited by VEG

I own an entec (old timberwolf) - 6 inch capacity weighs 750kg and apart from the non-greaseable bearings I have had no problems at all in 4 years of ownership.

Due to it's age I have been thinking of renewing, that greenmech being one of the possible candidates to replace it. A couple of weeks ago I was helping out a friend who had said Greenmech and so I was looking forward to seeing how it performed.

I have to say although I liked a lot of the features, it was a fair bit slower (blades were sharp) than my entec. It seemed to lack power with the anti-stress kicking in all the time when it was only small Leylandii branches going through. My machine doesn't have anti-stress and I don't think we would have had to stop/start the rollers at all had we been using it on that job.

The other thing I am loathe risk losing is the excellent support I get from the local Timberwolf dealer and Steve at Timberwolf on the few occasions I've needed.